Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Magical and Mischievous

That's how I think of Persephone's name. Magical and mischievous. I'm weird and I really like my lists to match in length. We have 8 boys names and 6 girls names. So I need 2 more names for my girls list. I like mythological, historical, literary, and some word names. I like them magical and mischievous, like Persephone's. (We tend not to use main god names in the front unless it's one we worship or have a special connection to as it can be offensive in the pagan community. Persephone is not a main god, but Athena is, just to show you an example.)

I'd like to honor our gods somewhere. My gods are Athena and Pan and Cody's are Apollo, Athena and he branches into Norse too with Loki. So anything to do with wisdom, battle, nature, light, music, poetry, fire, mischief etc. would be good.

Our other girl combos are:

Amelia Zephyrine Saga
    Inanna Cypress Andromeda
    Sylvana Lorien Sophia
    Viviana Solace Margo
    Viviana Cypress Andromeda
    Apollonia Ember Siobhan
    Inanna Iris Verdandi
    Ursula Verdandi Cypress

So throw them all at me. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Amelia Zephyrine Saga is amazing! I wonder if Amelia in the front is a little boring compared to Persephone, though. Zephyrine Amelia Saga? That doesn't flow as well, though.

Anyway...I won't give you mythology names as I'm sure you know far more than I. Will be back with some "magical and mischievous" suggestions though!

Ah thanks! Amelia is a historical name that makes me think of Amelia Earhart so I don't find it boring. It's adventurous and sweet and Cody loves it!

I hope you do come back and give me some suggestions. You can feel free to through mythology at me, you might stumble on something I hadn't thought of. It's always good to get outside voices. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Proud Mama to:
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Out of curiosity, Angel, how do you chose your Gods? Like you with Athena and Pan, Cody with Apollo. Is it like personal connection (feeling closer to certain Gods/Goddesses) or something?

From your list, my favourites are Amelia Zephyrine Saga and Inanna Iris Verdandi.
    Random suggestions:
    Amaltheia
    Desdemona
    Elektra
    Hemera
    Hespera
    Hestia
    Calypso/Kalypso
    Parthenia
    Thalassa
    Arcadia
    Theophania
    Thalia
    Deianeira
    Phaedra
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

Yes, it's a personal thing. We pay tribute and pray to everyone depending on the situation, but I feel this sort of warm, loving feeling when I think about Athena. I feel close like when you think of your mother. The pull in the heart. (Not to sound stuck up) but I'm intelligent and I tend to make excellent grades and I've always felt very connected to the wisdom of her. And I'm very crafty (or was before Persephone). I was making hair bows and things like that and she's a goddess of crafts. For Pan, He just moves me. I'm a spontaneous person, very attracted to nature and the deep places in the forests. I grew up in the mountains on several acres of land. You could get lost in the trees. It's always felt like I could feel him walking with me in the forest. I love to dance around the fire and drum on my Djembe or play my pan flute. When we do ritual, I love to be barefoot in the grass in the moon. He just moves me.

With Cody and Apollo, he's connected to the music aspect of him. Cody is very musical, very attuned to the beat in everything and he plays music so he's always felt close to Apollo. He also writes, as I do (and you could say I pay a lot of tribute to Apollo too). For Loki, he can't explain it, he just feels this intense, burning connection to him. And when Loki chooses you, you don't say no. You roll with it. Loki makes our lives very interesting (and the Pan part of me loves it since Pan and Loki share a lot of aspects).

And if you have anymore questions about my religion, you feel free to message me. I was told recently that I tell our stories like I'm talking about old friends so I know I'm good at it :P

From your suggestions, I love:

Hespera -- Same with this one
    Hestia -- I love the hiss in this name. I hate it in others but this one makes me smile
    Thalia -- We've considered this for a middle
    Phaedra -- But I'm somewhere in between loving her for a first with the nn Fay or wanting her in the middle

And some comments:

Desdemona -- Even though I love this name so much (with nn Dezzy) I don't know if I could use it I've ruined her a bit. In one of my novels, she's like a sadistic, cannibal.
    Elektra -- I can't use it because of all my psychology classes and all I think of is Electra Complex (like the Oedipus Complex, but a girl for her father)
    Deianeira -- another terrible person in my book (I should stop using awesome Greek names in my books -_-)

You feel free to come back and give me more names (that don't have to be Greek mythology). Anything that feels magical to you. ^_^

Proud Mama to:
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014