Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Magical and Mischievous

That's how I think of Persephone's name. Magical and mischievous. I'm weird and I really like my lists to match in length. We have 8 boys names and 6 girls names. So I need 2 more names for my girls list. I like mythological, historical, literary, and some word names. I like them magical and mischievous, like Persephone's. (We tend not to use main god names in the front unless it's one we worship or have a special connection to as it can be offensive in the pagan community. Persephone is not a main god, but Athena is, just to show you an example.)

I'd like to honor our gods somewhere. My gods are Athena and Pan and Cody's are Apollo, Athena and he branches into Norse too with Loki. So anything to do with wisdom, battle, nature, light, music, poetry, fire, mischief etc. would be good.

Our other girl combos are:

Amelia Zephyrine Saga
    Inanna Cypress Andromeda
    Sylvana Lorien Sophia
    Viviana Solace Margo
    Viviana Cypress Andromeda
    Apollonia Ember Siobhan
    Inanna Iris Verdandi
    Ursula Verdandi Cypress

So throw them all at me. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Amelia Zephyrine Saga is amazing! I wonder if Amelia in the front is a little boring compared to Persephone, though. Zephyrine Amelia Saga? That doesn't flow as well, though.

Anyway...I won't give you mythology names as I'm sure you know far more than I. Will be back with some "magical and mischievous" suggestions though!

Ah thanks! Amelia is a historical name that makes me think of Amelia Earhart so I don't find it boring. It's adventurous and sweet and Cody loves it!

I hope you do come back and give me some suggestions. You can feel free to through mythology at me, you might stumble on something I hadn't thought of. It's always good to get outside voices. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I love Amelia, too. In fact, my 2nd would probably be Amelia had he been a girl. Perhaps boring is the wrong word...I guess growing up with a top 10 name while my sister had a more unusual name left me sensitive to sibs with more familiar names feeling jealous.

And so strange, I came back and tried to comment on this again on my phone and the post was gone...like I looked 10 pages back and it was nowhere! Not the first time that's happened to me on NB in the last week - so weird! Anyway, glad it popped back up now that I'm on my computer.

So many good names have been mentioned, I'll just try to stick to the non-duplicates (there may be some, though):

Alice
    Althea
    Aurelia
    Corisande
    Delphine
    Lilith
    Melina
    Muriel
    Octavia
    Opal
    Ophelia
    Stella
    Sylvie
    Theodora
    Zelda

Out of curiosity, Angel, how do you chose your Gods? Like you with Athena and Pan, Cody with Apollo. Is it like personal connection (feeling closer to certain Gods/Goddesses) or something?

From your list, my favourites are Amelia Zephyrine Saga and Inanna Iris Verdandi.
    Random suggestions:
    Amaltheia
    Desdemona
    Elektra
    Hemera
    Hespera
    Hestia
    Calypso/Kalypso
    Parthenia
    Thalassa
    Arcadia
    Theophania
    Thalia
    Deianeira
    Phaedra
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias