Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Full name for Kit

I'm trying to sell my hubby on a full name for the nickname Kit (which we both love). The obvious choice is Christopher, but my husband thinks it is way too common (he has always hated how common his name, Josh, is).

We are mid-westerners with German, Scottish, and Nordic roots (way too northern European for those beautiful Latin variations). I would REALLY like to keep the "C" instead of a "K".

Here are some of the names we are considering:
    Christopher (I love how classic it is, and Kit is not common here)
    Christof (Not sure that I like this as well with a C instead of a K)
    Christian
    Christiansen

We are also looking for a middle name with an M, maybe Mikael, Malakai, or Meriadoc?

What do you lovely folks think?
    Mommy to Theodore Martin, Kaelen Arthur, Jensen Joshua, and Kit (Christopher/Christian M) due May 3

Didn't you basically already make this thread?
    http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...ly-appropriate

I'd go with Christian. And I know you want an M middle, but how bout Nikolai? Looking at the ones you had that's what I first thought of.
    My Favorites
    ~Boys~
    August Chase | Owen Michael | Dominic Anderson | Emmett Chase | Arlo James

~Girls~
    Amara Juliette | Stella Mae | Marina Arianne | Evanna Louise | Lucia Charlotte

His Favorites
    Mason Anderson Chase | Marina Arianne Louise

Thanks for a response.

I did ask about if people thought Christian was too closely connect with 50 Shades of Gray earlier. I got some good responses, but Hubby is still not convinced that it is currently an appropriate name for a baby because of the movie coming out. I'm not on forums often, I apologize if I should have elaborated on that post instead of starting a new one. My pregnant brain has moved on to a (in my mind) different, unrelated question.
    Mommy to Theodore Martin, Kaelen Arthur, Jensen Joshua, and Kit (Christopher/Christian M) due May 3

Haha xD It's all good. That's too bad your husband doesn't like Christian, cuz that's my favorite name on there!
    My Favorites
    ~Boys~
    August Chase | Owen Michael | Dominic Anderson | Emmett Chase | Arlo James

~Girls~
    Amara Juliette | Stella Mae | Marina Arianne | Evanna Louise | Lucia Charlotte

His Favorites
    Mason Anderson Chase | Marina Arianne Louise

Even if you do name him Christopher, I don't think the popularity will be an issue if you're going to be calling him Kit. There were only 16 boys named Kit in 2012, and I doubt that there are many more using Kit as a nickname for a longer name.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline