Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Sabrina or Samantha

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samantha (nn Sammie)

28 28.57%
  • Sabrina (please suggest a nn if you wish)

70 71.43%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Really need your help - Sabrina or Samantha? - DD due in a month :)

Hi all!

I need your help please - We need a name for our DD due in a month and we're struggling to choose between Sabrina (no clear nn yet) and Samantha (nn Sammie)

Samantha seems very popular while Sabrina is definitely more unusual (even if I dislike the nickname Bree) but we really like both names and are completely torn.

I'd seriously appreciate your impressions of each name and to know which you've chosen and why - it'd really help us out.

Cheers

I adore Sabrina. It just feels light, pretty, pixie-like to me. I like the image of Audrey Hepburn, though I don't find the name "Audrey" appealling (much prefer Sabrina). I like the mythology aspect, it gives it some weight beyond just being light and pretty. It's a little bit feline in it's imagery to me, but not in the sort of way where it works better on a cat than a girl, just in a way that makes me think of something very graceful and curious with big eyes.

Samantha is... fine. I've known a lot more Samanthas, and it's not a bad name. I like the "th" aspect. It doesn't do a lot for me though. It's not a name that would make anyone's hair fall out with horror. I've known ones that range from my age-ish (30) down to little tiny kids. It's still in the Top Hundred I believe, which I always find weird.

I agree with everything the above poster said. I much prefer Sabrina to Samantha. As a nickname, I would probably use Bree or Bria. You might also like the name Sabina. It would avoid the nn Bree if you really don't care for it.
    D.S. lil Bam Bam

I really dislike Samantha. It's to old fashioned for my taste. But I know a couple Sabrina's and only one has a NN. Which is Brina.

Love Sabrina! It's fun and spunky. If you aren't fussed on Bree as a nn you could use Brina, B, Nina. Sabrina doesn't really need to have a nn in my opinion. Alternative could be Serena?
    Not a fan of Samantha, it feels really dated. If you like nn Sam or Sammie you could go for Samara as an alternative?
    Best of luck!

Piper Eve Milan Ivy Elena Stella Althea Emmeline
    Aurelia Clio Luna Pandora Tempest Nova Venus Aurora Echo Calista Selene
    Kingston Romeo Leander Ambrose Maxim August Theon Raphael
    Mercury Adonis Caspian Amadeus Jupiter Ignatius Theron Leon Lysander Arlo
    Imogen Eve|Aussie Teenberry