Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ellis?

Ellis?

What's your impression on the name Ellis? Boy name or girl name? We're expecting a new little one and don't know the sex, but are looking for an E name to go with Everett. I'm finding that boy names are a little more challenging this time around. Looking for any ideas and suggestions for other names, in addition to Ellis. Thanks!
    Mama to Everett Curtis (11/2010) and Ernest Henry (3/2014)

Ellis is pretty gender-neutral in my book. Emily Bronte used Ellis as her pen name back in the 1800s to obscure her gender without using an "overtly" male name. It's similar to the popular Alice and Ellie in sound, but its surname-y quality makes it plenty suitable for a boy as well.

Other "E" names:

Eben
    Edmund
    Edward
    Elias
    Eliseo
    Embry
    Emile
    Emmanuel
    Enzo
    Ephraim
    Eric (my name, haha)
    Esau
    Ewan
    Ezekiel
    Ezra

Good luck!

Eudo is an old Norse name I rather like. Ellis is ok...kind of forgettable, but gentle and nice.

I only know of one Ellis and it's a girl who is elementary school age. I think it is pretty unisex but I guess slightly lean toward a girl association since the name Ellie is so popular right now.

I like Ellis as a middle choice but it works for a first too. I don't get why people name their girls Ellis. What about Emerson or Emery?
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hil lary

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer