Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sebastian/Bastian

really love the name Sebastian but feel like it might be too overwhelming of a name. I like Bastian by itself as well and it reminds me of the movie " the never ending story " which for me is a good thing. Opinions on Sebastian or just Bastian as a fn? Do they go with Benjamin and Nathaniel

I like Sebastian (with the a) and Bastien (with the e). I had this same debate myself as many of my family members have names beginning with B.

As Benjamin and Nathaniel are both the long forms of the name, I would go with Sebastian in this case.
    Let me explain
    Shortest forms: Seb, Ben, Nate.
    Middle length: Bastien, Benji, Nathan.
    Long forms: Sebastian, Benjamin, Nathaniel.

For this reasoning, I would go with Sebastian and I think they make a lovely sibset. They're all names of similar length with a long history of use. Also it may be weird to have 2 kids with the first initial B and one with N. Give each kid their own initials.

I would use Sebastian as the full name. He could always go by Bastian.

I really like and agree with this explanation:

Quote Originally Posted by giinkies View Post
    As Benjamin and Nathaniel are both the long forms of the name, I would go with Sebastian in this case.
    Let me explain
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

I really like Sebastian. It is a very handsome name that has many different nickname options. I also like Bastian but I would use it as a nickname. Benjamin, Nathaniel, and Sebastian are a wonderful set.

Emmeline Azure o Annabel Waverly -- o -- Maebry Eloise o Story Anneliese
    Piers Lachlan o Charlie Hawthorne -- o -- Tadhg Emerson o Wilder Quinn
    ------------------------ o ------------------------ o ------------------------

heart my son

Quote Originally Posted by giinkies View Post
    I like Sebastian (with the a) and Bastien (with the e). I had this same debate myself as many of my family members have names beginning with B.

Let me explain

For this reasoning, I would go with Sebastian and I think they make a lovely sibset. They're all names of similar length with a long history of use. Also it may be weird to have 2 kids with the first initial B and one with N. Give each kid their own initials.
    Agree completely! Benjamin, Nathaniel and Sebastian make a gorgeous sibset!
    ~ Sophie ~
    22 year old Britberry, science geek and name nerd

| Arthur | Barnaby | Chester | Dashiell | Edmund | Francis | George | Henry | Jethro | Lionel | Malcolm |
    | Nathaniel | Oliver | Phineas | Quentin | Rupert | Sebastian | Tobias | Vincent | Walter |

| Anneliese | Beatrix | Cordelia | Dorothy | Elspeth | Fiona | Gretel | Harriet | Jemima | Katherine |
    | Linnea | Margot | Nell | Olive | Prudence | Ramona | Sylvie | Tess | Vivienne | Willa |