Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

*sigh* starting over

Hubs and I had an enjoyable evening discussing our girl's list. It seemed like such a productive conversation, but we realized when we got to the end of it that we had eliminated all of our names, and only added back one name that I don't think I even like.

Elise was our top pick but he pointed out that it was sort of hard to say with our last name, which starts with Sh. I hadn't said it outloud until then and realized, yep, it had very bad flow :-/

Audrey was our other top pick but I sort of admitted to him that I didn't like it very much. I feel like I should love it, but I just don't.

We decided some other names we had been kicking around - Hazel, Brynn, Emilia, just weren't making the cut.
    He suggested Natalie, and while I really like the nn Talie, it's awfully popular and I just don't think I like the Nat sound.

We want feminine without being frilly - though apparently we don't agree on what frilly means. I suggested Pheobe, which I previously hadn't considered bc of the Friends character but it was growing on me, husband said "that breaks ALL our rules, way too frilly" - seriously?

I really don't know where to go from here. I feel like we need to find out the sex of the baby so that we can name it easier, but I REALLLLLY wanted to be surprised this time

Phoebe? Frilly? That shocks me! It's so interesting how different people's perspectives on names can be.

If your last name is the only problem with Elise, is there a longer form that might sound better with your surname? Something like Elisabeth, Elspet / Elspeth, or Elisa?

If you like Natalie but not the Nat sound, what about Athalie? It's the French form of the Biblical name Athaliah, and it's pronounced like Natalie without the N. Or maybe Adelie?

Some more suggestions:

Tamsin
    Merit
    Zelie
    Elowen
    Mina
    Sylvie
    Iris
    Elna
    Berit
    Fia
    Mae
    Tova
    Asta / Aster
    Eve

Here are my suggestion:
    Talia - since you like Tali
    Natalia - nice alt. to Natalie
    Hadley - not frilly, but still nice with Isla and Grant
    Aubrey - nice alt. to Audrey
    Elysia - maybe a little frilly, but would solve the issue with Elise
    Marnie
    Nova
    Ember
    Skye
    Sabrina
    Gwendolyn
    Sophie
    Ruby - oh, I really like this with Isla and Grant! * this one
    Willow - see Ruby

Best of luck!
    ~ Larissa

Olympia Primrose
    Waverly Claire ~ Amaryllis Joy
    Holiday Elise ~ Bellamy June ~ Seraphina Daisy
    Genevieve Scout ~ Romilly Violet ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 19th, 2014 at 08:02 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.