Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Soren or Caspian?

We're expecting our first, and we need some help! DH is Azeri (Turkish-Iranian), and I'm American. We want a name that works in both cultures and works with our surname, which sounds like Z0l-g0d-der. So, we've got...

1) Soren Pasha- this has been the front runner for awhile. Soren (Surena) was an ancient Persian general, and Pasha is a Turkish name. We both like the name, but I do have reservations about it sounding too similar to 'sore'.

2) Caspian- DH has actually approved this, and said it (surprisingly) wouldn't sound too out of place in Iran. However, we're not sure of the middle name... We have Emre (Em-ray), Shaya, Raha, Sam (Som), and Anoush as options.

So, which do you prefer? If it's a girl, she'll probably be Parisa Noemi. Thanks for the help ahead of time!
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    We're expecting our first, and we need some help! DH is Azeri (Turkish-Iranian), and I'm American. We want a name that works in both cultures and works with our surname, which sounds like Z0l-g0d-der. So, we've got...

1) Soren Pasha- this has been the front runner for awhile. Soren (Surena) was an ancient Persian general, and Pasha is a Turkish name. We both like the name, but I do have reservations about it sounding too similar to 'sore'.

2) Caspian- DH has actually approved this, and said it (surprisingly) wouldn't sound too out of place in Iran. However, we're not sure of the middle name... We have Emre (Em-ray), Shaya, Raha, Sam (Som), and Anoush as options.

So, which do you prefer? If it's a girl, she'll probably be Parisa Noemi. Thanks for the help ahead of time!
    I prefer Soren Pasha for a boy. I think it sounds best with your last name... as for the similarity to "sore..." I never would have thought of that. I say if you like the name, don't let that hold you back from using it!
    If it continues to give you pause, why not consider Suren? Perhaps a different spelling will eliminate that English difficulty.
    Parisa Noemi is a lovely choice for a girl... Seems like you both have good taste. Lucky baby to have such great names awaiting him/her!
    Last edited by mulme944; December 16th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

I love Soren!

I prefer Caspian Emre, but Soren Pasha isn't bad, either. I think Caspian goes better with your pick for a girl : )
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic-Jude Balthasar-Damian Leonard-Seth Matthias

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Reine-Maura Francesca

Honor-Emilia-Afton-Maeve-Fleur-Ophelia-Moses-Emrys-Constantine-Arthur

I love Soren Pasha! Caspian is a good name too, so it's really a matter of personal preference....for me my association with the Caspian Sea is too strong to love it as a name, but I do like it.