Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hahhahaha @southern.maple and @dantea - thank you! What an embarrassing mistake. I have now corrected it so that I look slightly less stupid...
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Honestly, I was disappointed

I find the book so charming and fun with a good bit of action and suspense but also great character building and situations where they all learned something about themselves and each other.

I feel like the movie was a money grab. It was 95% action and violence and opulent CGI. I learned nothing about any of the characters, they learned nothing about each other aside from a bit of patience, and by the end I was so worn out by the endless fighting and running that I just wanted to leave.

I thought the first movie did a great job of balancing the book and hollywood, but this one did not.

I was happy with Bard's character, the female elf, and the dragon (which was fantastic!).
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

@kala_way: You have a good point. And the more I think about it, the more issues I have with the movie. I'm actually really irritated with the decision to split the book into three movies. They're obviously doing it to milk as much money out of fans as possible. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was flawlessly done, and I think making two really long movies or releasing an extended edition would have sufficed for The Hobbit.

Legolas and Tauriel are not in the book. >_>
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    @kala_way: You have a good point. And the more I think about it, the more issues I have with the movie. I'm actually really irritated with the decision to split the book into three movies. They're obviously doing it to milk as much money out of fans as possible. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was flawlessly done, and I think making two really long movies or releasing an extended edition would have sufficed for The Hobbit.

Legolas and Tauriel are not in the book. >_>
    I agree completely.

Adding stuff to the story doesn't bother me, I think additions can be great, but changing huge things and losing the feel of the book, that bothers me. I understand that changes sometimes have to be made in order for things to play well on screen, but I think they went overboard in this case.
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

Morgan Freeman! Hah. I love it. What an interesting story that would be.

In total agreement that it lost the feel of the book. I don't have an issue with additions either. Like I said, the Bard stuff was good, and I liked Tauriel (but you know they've only added the Kili thing to make everyone cry like a baby when you know what happens), but I felt Bilbo's journey was rather lost in it all. We see him becoming a hero, but we don't feel it. Or at least, that's how I felt. Anyway, overall I did like it, and I'll add it to my collection when it's available for purchase, but I'm not sure it will be watched as often as LotR.
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander