Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just Another Name-My-Character Thread

Hey everyone! As I'm sure you've guessed, I'm writing a book and I need your help naming my main character.

The book is kind of dystopian... It's set in a future where there is no government, just tiny sects of people who sometimes fight with each other. Basically, it's an anarchist society.

The character I need help naming is a 17 year old girl who lives with her brother, an old woman, and a mismatched group of kids - you could think of it like an orphanage. She's a bit motherly in that she comforts/takes care of all the little kids. Her brother thinks she's weak because she can't stand the sight of blood (and when everyone's kind of at war with everyone, that's a problem) and she's really sensitive to the emotions of other people. Because she's so sensitive and "weak", most people write her off as a threat and trust her with their secrets, which eventually backfires when she becomes a kind of double agent.

Here's some names I've considered, just to give you a feel for what I'm looking for...
    Blythe
    Lenora
    Imogen
    Theodosia
    Hestia

So basically, classic-ish names that are so old they're new. And if you have any suggestions for boys names, too, let me know please!! Naming characters is tough...

Thanks guys!!

I think Hestia would be a super name! if you did something like Hestia Arabel for first and middle, gives it an old-world feel. hope this helped!
    I am writing a book, The Dewy Decimal Girls
    My all-time favorite names are Arianna, James, and Eric
    TeenBerries Rule!

15 year old considering a name change/ constantly writing/ generally interested in naming.

19 year old name lover from England

Current Favourites

Avia, Abigail, Athena, Betsy, Clementine, Charlotte, Cecily, Darcy, Evelyn, Emmeline, Freya, Isla, Mila
    Arthur, Alfred, Benjamin, Elliot, Freddie, Grayson, Isaac, James, Jude, Jasper, Milo, Remus, Theo, Tate