Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just Another Name-My-Character Thread

Hey everyone! As I'm sure you've guessed, I'm writing a book and I need your help naming my main character.

The book is kind of dystopian... It's set in a future where there is no government, just tiny sects of people who sometimes fight with each other. Basically, it's an anarchist society.

The character I need help naming is a 17 year old girl who lives with her brother, an old woman, and a mismatched group of kids - you could think of it like an orphanage. She's a bit motherly in that she comforts/takes care of all the little kids. Her brother thinks she's weak because she can't stand the sight of blood (and when everyone's kind of at war with everyone, that's a problem) and she's really sensitive to the emotions of other people. Because she's so sensitive and "weak", most people write her off as a threat and trust her with their secrets, which eventually backfires when she becomes a kind of double agent.

Here's some names I've considered, just to give you a feel for what I'm looking for...
    Blythe
    Lenora
    Imogen
    Theodosia
    Hestia

So basically, classic-ish names that are so old they're new. And if you have any suggestions for boys names, too, let me know please!! Naming characters is tough...

Thanks guys!!

I think Hestia would be a super name! if you did something like Hestia Arabel for first and middle, gives it an old-world feel. hope this helped!
    I'm Samantha,
    Names I love:
    Renette,Elizabeth, Rose, Silas, James, Eric, and Charles

19 year old name lover from England

Current Favourites

Avia, Adelaide, Charlotte, Darcy, Evelyn, Emmeline, Isla, Maeve, Olivia & Rosalie
    Arthur, Alfred, Freddie, Gabriel, Grayson, Isaac, James, Jude, Jasper, Milo, Remus, Theo, Tate