Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rhyming first and last - so bad, right?

Please, Nameberry, help this mama out! Our little girl is due in 8 weeks...

My husband and I have the HARDEST time deciding on names. Now we think we have it down to:
    Marlowe Grow <------ Grow is our last name.

We both love the name Marlowe. Like, crazy for it. It's hip, it's unique, it has a literary punch, and tons of cool NN possibilities. But I am having second (third, fourth, fifth) thoughts because the first and last names rhyme.
    Sometimes I think, who cares, but it just isn't sitting right with me.
    Some people I have asked says it sounds like an actress or author name, others say it's no big deal, while others are delicately trying to steer me away.

The middle name will be a family name - not relevant for this discussion, but FWIW we have one other kiddo, named Thurston.

Please give me your honest opinion - are the names too rhymey?
    If you aren't crazy for the name Marlowe, just imagine it is another "oh" ending name like Shiloh, Harlow, etc.

THANK YOU!

I personally wouldn't use it, but if you would regret giving your daughter a name that you like less than Marlowe, then I don't think it's the end of the world to have a rhyming name. I knew a girl with a first and last name ending in -elly growing up and though people giggle when they first hear it, it hasn't been a huge problem in her life ever.

If the name Marlowe is the only one you and your husband love than I think you should use it.
    Newest Favourites
    Anthea • Faye • Leda • Lydia • Nia • Penelope • Rowena
    Caspian • Eames • Link • Ned • Noel • Shea

If you love it, go for it. It's not horrible, there are girls named Hashtag and La-a.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy

I wouldn't, personally.

Could you use another name inspired by Marlowe? Maybe Kit or Marla?

I have a ton of names that I like - the problem is they keep getting the veto from the hubs.
    Names I like (as an alternative to Marlowe)
    Daphne, Simone, Camille (nn Mimi), Lucienne (nn Lucy)
    Ack. Why are husbands so difficult?!?!