Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not baby related - New Puppy!

DH and I are picking up our new puppy on Friday! Help us choose a name for her. She is a Wheaten Doodle x Golden Doodle mix. These are the names, if you have other suggestions I'd love to hear them. If we got a boy it was going to be Winston or Franklin.

Lola
    Gracie
    Lucy
    Willow
    Delilah
    Macy
    Phoebe
    Magnolia/Maggie
    Violet

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your baby! What an eclectic mix of breeds. From a trainer's standpoint, I would urge you to stay within two syllables. I've found that the least stressed syllable in a trisyllabic name will inevitably be dropped, turning Delilah into Lilah, Alana into Lana, etc. Besides that, I see no problems with your name ideas. Which makes you smile the most when you say it aloud?
    Last edited by flaunt; December 11th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Willow! I'm just picturing loads of curly Wheaten-mix hair (which sounds gorgeous by the way) and Willow seems perfect.
    Secondly I'd say Gracie because we have a yellow Labrador who is a Gracie!

I'd suggest...
    Hazel
    Zoe
    Penelope
    Daisy
    Tallulah
    Lola
    Ruby
    Elsie
    Isis
    Willa
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

We are taking in a hw+ foster from a horrific hoarding situation Friday so I'm all about dog names right now.

I had a rescue golden named Lucy so if I could use it I would. Or Sophie but our rescue Pyr just died this year and she was Sophia.

My short list:
    Padma
    Poppy
    Edith nn Edie
    Grace
    Dorothy nn Dot
    And what we're probably going to use: Sylvie.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

I love love love LOLA. If I would ever have a female animal, her name would be Lola.

But some others I love are:
    Lyric
    Echo
    Zuma
    Maggie
    Miley
    Nilla (always wanted to name a yellow dog Nilla, after Nilla wafers lol)
    Audio
    Moxie
    TigerLily
    Suri
    Jilette
    Cricket
    Nori
    Nakoa

As you can see I get a lot of my pet name ideas from celebrity kids.