Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2. Characters' Character names

Genre of Story: Post Apocalyptic/Utopian

Time Period/Location: USA distant future

Brief Plot: My characters are actors playing very popular teen book series characters in a movie. If it helps the actors' names are Marcella Mae Jones and Logan James Sinclair. The characters they are playing are in an Utopian society where the world is broken up into dictatorships with no communication with the other countries. Most of the people follow their leader blindly but some are becoming aware of the problems when people start going missing, including the two main characters' fathers and one of their mothers.

Character Description: Currently called Idris. Dark hair, blue eyes. Seemingly open and sarcastic but very secretive and a good liar. Hates the dictatorship and believes his parents' disappearance was caused by parents' uprising against government. Trying to decide between keeping Idris or changing it to Zoran (I'm leaning towards Idris)

Character Description: Currently called Eos. Fair hair, brown eyes. Searching for the father who abandoned her, after her mother's death in the Great War. She was sure that the people were brainwashed or just too deeply destroyed by the war to realize what was happening to them. She held onto the hope that her father had not left them by choice, but for rebelling against the rulers that have now come into power and that he is still alive somewhere. She bands together with other teens from other sectors and tries to overthrow the rulers. Main, somewhat naive and isolated, but strong willed character. Trying to decide between Eos and Zora.

Not taking suggestions, just chose between two names. I clearly can't have Zora and Zoran. Thanks!
    Last edited by hardertobreathe; December 11th, 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Dimitri, Gregory, Augustus, Jude, Tobias, Jason, Leo, Orion, Samuel, & Charles

Crushing On: Nicoletta, Louisa, Ariadne & Benjamin, Nico, Peregrine

Have a fabulous day!

Definitely Idris and Eos. Those names are spectacular! But, I'm afraid that I would suspect Idris of being the girl and Eos of being the boy (and I don't really know why...). But, so long as you deliberately specify the genders, they're still great.
    -Lailey

Lynna-Georgia-Winnie-Catherine-Hope-Clara-Marta-Valentine-Olivia-Thea
    Maxton-Edwin-Charles-Amadeus-Lewis-Jameson-Hugo-Beau-Farris-Reuben

Idris and Zora I think.

Why does everyone write in italics when they use these forms btw? Lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

I agree with @renrose! It sort of looks weird... Zora is the best for the girl, Idris for the boy.
    ♂ Alexander, Emmett, James ♂
    ♀ Adelaide, Beatrice, Charlotte, Felicity, Hazel, Imogen, Phoebe ♀

Yeah, I only put them there to highlight the examples of each section. It's not wrong, of course, just not what I thought people would do, lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.