Names Searched Right Now:
Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
    kimberley13 I'm with you! I really want a top 3, and then we plan to decide when he arrives. So far we only have one name we both like and I'm still not 100% sold...we both like 'Ronin', and I really want to pair it with 'Axel' which is a name I've loved forever...so Ronin Axel is our #1 pick so far.

Totally love the name Alden, it's distinguished, unique, and I personally think the pronunciation is intuitive. I think it's a great choice

How is everyone feeling? I can tell my belly is going through a growth spurt. Everything just feels more "full" if that makes any sense! Our little guy seems to move around lots in the morning when I first wake up, and then in the evening when I'm relaxing just before bed. He's still just letting me know he's there, nothing uncomfortable yet...usually I feel two or three little movements at a time, with not much going on in the middle of the day. I'm sure that will change here shortly, lol.

On a professional note, I'm in the process of negotiated for a new job, I currently work from home but this will be an opportunity to do something more challenging, better salary, and hopefully make a big impact in this organization. I'm really excited but nervous about how it will be starting out in a new position at 20 weeks. I'm sure it will make these last few months fly by, but definitely changes how the immediate future looks in terms of childcare...nothing is set in stone, and I honestly hope I get the job, it'l just be very different from what I imagined when the baby arrives...

tiffanyw -- So glad to hear all is well! How lovely that you are being showered with love and support (and much-needed baby stuff!) twice in this process. Your nursery theme sounds adorable. We haven't started seriously thinking about that yet, but we're excited to!

kimberley13 -- Congratulations on the news of your little man on the way! Alden is an awesome name. I think it's very easy to pronounce, and hits the perfect balance of familiar-sounding but rare that will ensure he won't soon be mixed up with classmates. DH and I were actually thinking about Alton, which is similar, before we found out that our twins are girls. Now we are back to square one, big time!

OB appointment tomorrow, though I'm finding those to be pretty quick and uneventful compared to my trips to the maternal fetal medicine office. Also starting a crusade to get some cooperation from my insurance company, which has definitely been my least favorite part of this process. I'm half too-busy-to-make-these-calls and half totally-putting-them-off. Hoping to get over that soon.

@kimberly13 - I highly recommend you check it out! It is a fantastic show! There is a lot of history behind it, especially in the most current season, and I see you are from Chicago. The stories are pretty accurate of what was going on with Al Capone during prohibition. (That was so not baby related, but it might give you something to do on maternity leave )

@grnberyl - Love the name Ronin Axel. My husband and I came up with our boy and girl choices pretty easily, and I couldn't imagine choosing 3 and then deciding when the baby came! It would be too much for me, especially since I like calling her by her name now that we know it is a she. Also, I am a teacher and my first daughter came 6 days before I was supposed to go back for a new school year. This was the most difficult transition of my life, as I was teaching at a completely different school, transitioning from teaching high school to middle school, completely different procedures, and complete different student demographics. I envy that you will be starting your new job before you actually give birth. This way, you should be able to get comfortable so when you get back, it won't be so bad. I hope you get the new position!

As for me, I have been feeling great! Able to eat almost everything, minimal heartburn, and not much back pain. Saela has been kicking up a storm! Maeby even felt her, and she went to tell Daddy that "Saela kicked me!" She also said that I have to make sure I cover my belly button so that she can't get out. She is full of crazy ideas. We have also been prepping her for the arrival, and how Saela will have to drink milk from mommy and not her regular milk. I got out my bins of baby clothes too, so many memories came rushing back. Everything is so tiny, and I remember when Maeby was born everything was still huge on her. Can't wait until Maeby's new big girl bed and dresser come so we can start washing clothes and putting them in the drawers of the baby dresser. Nesting already? I think so!

OK, enough rambling. I hope everyone is doing well!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne - Piper - Juna
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher - Ledger - Brinker

Quote Originally Posted by stephykneejo View Post
    Welcome, malavany! How old and what gender is your first? Have you had any symptoms? Hope you are one of the lucky ones!
    I am 29, I will be 30 next month. My first is a baby boy, Roman. He is a doll. I have had some minor nausea but I think for the most part I fit into the lucky category because it hasnt been too unbearable Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Roman Allen Jude 02/04/12
    Baby #2 EDD: 09/10/14

Hey everyone Just hit the 5 month mark yesterday officially! Also starting to wear maternity tops for the first time, which I have been fighting, lol. Some of my pants still fit me, a few not. Trying to get on my spin bike a few times a week still but don't seem to have the energy I would like to, though I feel much better energy-wise than I did during the first three months. Anyone else approaching 20 weeks? Feels like quite an accomplishment! Any of you regularly going to the gym or working out? I need some moto