Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Welcome back, Tiffany! I have also had problems consuming meat while pregnant. I can eat small amounts of red meat, like ground beef or ham, but I can't eat chicken. And chicken is my absolute favorite food! I haven't gained any weight, actually lost 9 pounds, but I could afford to lose a few anyway .

With your cold, a neti-pot can work wonders since you can't take really any medication. They sell them at the drug store, along with the saline packets. Use distilled water only and rinse. You can do it as many times a day as you want, and it can be really helpful. I use it even when I am not pregnant and have gotten my friends and family hooked on it as well. Hope you feel better soon!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher

late doctor visit

Hi everyone I just found out I was pregnant december 28 with first response even though it was a faint positive, I waited a week and the faint line turned in to a dark BFP. Im approximately about 5 or 6 weeks. The doctor however, wont see me until early febuary. Is this normal for them to wait that long?My EDD is late august or early september.

Congratulations and welcome, kimberlymarie! I think it is typical to wait that long, but I don't know for sure -- my situation wasn't typical, and this is my first pregnancy.

tiffany, I WISH I could only eat fruits and veggies! I've been off vegetables for the past several weeks. I went from eating a salad for lunch every day to not being able to stomach the thought of leafy greens. It's been ridiculous. Fruit is starting to be appealing again, so thank goodness for that. I've actually been enjoying red meat more than ever. My only aversions have been to super healthy stuff and sometimes chocolate. I"m hoping that changes in the second trimester!

I've never used a neti-pot but I have lots of friends who are actors and singers and they swear by those things. Definitely worth a try!

@kimberlymarie - Welcome and congratulations! It is normal for them to wait that long. At your first appointment, they will probably do an internal ultrasound (it is standard at my OB) and check for a heartbeat. I think the idea of waiting is because before then they couldn't even see a heartbeat and you don't really need any care. Also, the risk of miscarriage is higher early on so they try and wait a little while before you go in.
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher

That make sense because after all i think it seems to be a low risk pregnancy so far. Ive been starting to feel rather naseous particularly if my stomach is empty like in the morning when I wake up and the thought of certain things make me gag.in addition to that,smells (like my boyfriends feet) that i could tolerate before are just awful now lol. also I can barely brush my teeth without gagging :/ is it normal to feel like this so early on?