Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Honest Thoughts on This Name

My husband and I are almost in agreement with the name Alphonse (al-fonz) but my husband has the reservation that the name might be too unusual and old fashioned to use in the real world. I just want some opinions from other people to help us feel more confident in our choice.
    Last edited by casperkenzie1993; December 19th, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Hmm, I'm not too sure about this name. Have you thought about nicknames? Would you mind him being called Al, or Fonzie? Perhaps not by you, but by others?
    Rowena Louise

Whovian. Gamer. Name Lover

Violet Seraphina • Isobel Cassidy • Zoë Linnea • Xanthe Cordelia • Hazel Amaryllis • Elizabeth Briar

Theodore Atticus • Adrian Rhys • Ciaran Lucas • Oliver Maxwell • Elijah Felix • Kaiden Matthias

We actually like the nickname Al for when he gets older, thats one of the big reasons I feel so confident in it since he could shorten it easily.

Honestly, my first thought was, "what if people call him 'The Fonz'?" Are you okay with this possible nickname, as in the guy from Happy Days? "Fonz" or "Fonzie" might be cute for just the right (thick-skinned) kid, but it would be tough to carry Alphonse as a first name.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")

I think it would make an absolutely gorgeous and unexpected middle name. However as a first it doesn't seem to work, in my opinion. It's lovely just too heavy and old fashioned, sorry.
    15 year old name lover, with a cat named Neville.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9826126