View Poll Results: Which one?

92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tessa Jane

65 70.65%
  • Sylvie Victoria

27 29.35%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking Sylvie vs. Tessa w/ POLL

For weeks, I have been in love with the name Sylvie for our fourth daughter, but I also recently started to like Tessa. In English, Tessa means "harvester" which I think is a little weird, but I have also read that it means "fourth child" in Greek. So now I like it even more because of the meaning. Also, her mn would be Jane, which means "God's gracious gift" So all in all, I really like the meaning of Tessa.

Sibling names are: Kaylee (14) Claire (10) Hope (7).

I love both, but would use Sylvia and Teresa with Sylvie and Tessa as nicknames, but that's just personal preference. I think if the meaning of Tessa means more to you, then use that one. Good luck

Anyone else? I am not interested in using the full version of either name. I know that some people prefer that, but I'm not much of a stickler for name rules--two of my dd's (Claire and Hope) go by their middle names and I know some frown upon that.

Tessa Jane, most definetly! The name Sylvie is really cute, but to me, it doesn't fit in with Kaylee, Claire, and Hope. Tessa is a perfect match! Use it.
    Erin (Writer, Nerdfighter, Ravenclaw; Not expecting, just collecting)
    (Adelaide, Betty, Cassia, Georgia, Ocean, Violet)
    (Asher, Gabriel, Josiah, Oakley, Rowan, Wayland)

Tessa feels more fitting for your family. It's a bit modern but still somewhat classic sounding while Sylvie is more of a vintage name to me.
    Rose Lavinia Charlotte & Edmund Nicanor Hugo
    Ada Beatrice Margot ‧ Alice Cordelia Mary ‧ Clara Elisabeth Margot ‧ Flora Elisabeth Maude
    Jane Wilhelmina Edith ‧ Elliott Victor Jack "Ottie/Otter" ‧ Henry Frederick Arthur

Charles Edmund ‧ Edith Matilda ‧ Edith Henrietta ‧ Eleanor Sybil ‧ Emma Rosalind ‧
    Flora Ottilie ‧ George Lionel ‧ Mabel Augusta ‧ Margot Lavinia ‧ Violet Georgiana

Edgar ‧ Eulàlia ‧ Kit ‧ Laszlo ‧ Lydia ‧ Oscar ‧ Pip