Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

our last name is giving me trouble!

We are currently TTC, and cannot seem to agree on a girls name, and I think our last name is the problem. I like names like Charlotte, Savannah, Georgia, Georgina, Gemma, Juliette, etc. My husband likes Hannah, Avery, and Savannah (literally the only names he's brought to the table yet has vetoed all of my suggestions) :-| We haven't found anything we LOVE.. But I think my problem is our last name. it's DeLano (pronounced duh-lay-no) , it's Italian. however we are all pale, light eyed, and haired, so i feel like the names i feel sound good with DeLano (Gianna, Juliana) just wouldn't fit on a pale, blue eyed, blonde haired girl.
    Can anyone suggest any names that flow as well as those but don't give the mental image of a dark haired, dark eyed girl? I want the name to "fit" if that makes any sense?

Phoebe Gail, Maxie Juniper
    Arthur Ryan, Roscoe Gray

Georgia, Charlotte, Gemma and Hanna are all light-haired to me (either light brown, blonde or ginger).

That being said:

Jane DeLano
    Catalina DeLano
    Evelyn DeLano
    Magnolia DeLano
    Scout DeLano
    Carlotta DeLano
    Sylvaine DeLano
    Damaris DeLano
    Lillian DeLano
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I think any of those names would sound good with an Italian last name. My step family is very Italian and half of them have blonde hair and blue eyes; they're from northern Italy. Unfortunately, it will be hard to come up with names that don't make you think of a girl with a dark complexion, because those things are totally subjective. I imagine Juliana as a tall blonde, but you think dark eyes and hair. Pick a name you love, and your daughter will make it hers. (I especially like Georgia and Gemma with DeLano.) Good luck!

Agreed - Georgia, Savannah, Charlotte, and Gemma are definitely versatile and light-haired to me! Ha.

I think many feminine -a names work with DeLano and that image. Names like - Amelia, Cara, Caia, Elora, Fiona, Isla, Luciana, Marissa, Sela? Also, "ee" names - Bellamy, Ellery, Ivy, Kirby, Lucy, Mallory, Poppy, Romilly, Sylvie, Valerie?
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude