Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Weirdest Baby Names of 2013

As I was checking my emails, I found an article on ParentDish about 2013's weirdest baby names (http://www.parentdish.ca/2013/12/09/...st-baby-names/ ) According to the article, the data is taken from BabyCenter, a popular baby site. According to BabyCenter US, 43% of parents chose an unusual/creative name this year (so the article says). This is the top 10 list they provided for the 'weirdest baby names of 2013'.

Boys:

Osbaldo
    Danish
    Rocket
    Yash
    Cub
    Zion
    Panda
    Hurricane
    Leviathan
    Legend

Girls:

Azza
    Kiwi
    Fairy
    Archita
    Wrigley
    Kukua
    Ezgi
    Blip
    Nyx
    Green

What do you think? Are these weird enough to be the weirdest?

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

I kind of like Kiwi for a little lady.

Some of these names don't surprise me - Zion for example isn't weird at all.

Panda though, or Hurricane? Not great.
    New username is @ truenature

Some of these are pretty weird, but I'm reminded of a list I compiled from the 2011 data with some pretty out-there ones... Among them...

Girls:

Blessyng (Bad enough to name her Blessing, but Y the Y?!)
    Jermany (Again, bad enough to call her Germany...)
    Sheccid (Perhaps this is a legitimate name in some culture, but it looks like a cross between Shelly and Flaccid... ew.)
    Swayze (Naming after Patrick Swayze? ...A daughter?! Swayzee and Swayzie were also listed. Altogether they amounted to 52 girls in 2011. Sigh.)

Boys:

Jakevious (Jake and Mischievous, somehow combined for maximum horrible factor...)
    Sauron (This is just mean.)
    Winifred (I guess that's one way to get Freddie...)

Zion isn't all that weird, I know a Zion (who is a teenager) but it does surprise me that it is on the Weird list.

We New Zealanders call ourselves Kiwis, (because of the national bird) but naming a baby Kiwi? No thanks.

Maybe Cub is the new Bear, or Wolf?
    Jude, blackbird.

Aleka // Audrey // Cass // Chloe // Etta // Haley // Frances // India // Margot // Marian
    Miranda // Molly // Rosi // Samantha // Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine.lee View Post
    Zion isn't all that weird, I know a Zion (who is a teenager) but it does surprise me that it is on the Weird list.

We New Zealanders call ourselves Kiwis, (because of the national bird) but naming a baby Kiwi? No thanks.

Maybe Cub is the new Bear, or Wolf?
    that's what I guessed, parents who wanted to go for Bear/Wolf but felt it was 'too trendy' so they needed to go one step above with Cub :P

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly