Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Chel.

Chel.

Has anybody seen DreamWorks Road to Eldorado? This is a great movie, and I'm particularly gripped by the name of the two fugitives' accomplice, Chel. I love the name, but I can't seem to find it on any name websites. Have you ever heard it before? Do you think it could be used, or not?

Also, when I looked up a variation spelling of the name in Wiki, I got the following results:
    Chell, Staffordshire, an English community on the northern edge of Stoke-on-Trent
    Chell (Star Trek), a Star Trek: Voyager character
    Chell (Portal), the protagonist of the 2007 video game Portal and its 2011 sequel Portal 2
    Chell, a chemical cell - used in the context of bottom-up synthetic biology

People[edit]
    Carol Chell (born 1941), British children's television presenter
    Joseph Chell (1911–1992), British footballer
    Walter Chell, Canadian cocktail inventor who invented the Caesar cocktail

Have any of you heard of this spelling of this name? What are your thoughts?

I haven't heard it before, but like Chet, which is similar. I think Chel looks a bit unfinished in some way, sorry.

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam EiraMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Caieta Ruth

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

Chel, to me, looks like a nickname for Chelsea or Michelle (depending on how the "ch" is pronounced), and not so much a full name. I'd rather see Chet, as @ciottolo mentioned, or perhaps even Del. Those are both sort of old-timey nicknames that are a bit more familiar.

I've seen the film, it's one of the few non-Disney traditionally drawn animations I actually like. Chel is meant to be a native of El Dorado, so I'm guessing they made it up to be similar to ancient Aztec/Mayan names.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

I love that movie ^_^ I liked Chel. She's a great girl. I like the name too. I'm pretty sure it's made up too. I did find Chelle which says "powerful ruler" and is listed as old english on the site I'm looking. The closest Mayan name I can find is Ixchel which means "moon goddess, she of the rainbow".

I would use it as a nickname for Cheletha (one who smiles a lot) or Rachel or something.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014