Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Last edited by coolcat33; December 9th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Okay, yea, I definitely see where you're coming from with your last name. A little tough with H names. Let me see what else I can throw out - you had so many on your giant list!

Clarissa
    Cordelia
    Anastasia
    Aurora
    Scarlett
    Leila
    Alexia
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I think Nik is being so difficult because he wants me to give up and let him name her. I’m just afraid if I do let him(again) we will end up with another _ley _ski or Sky_ _ski or something no one can say/spell. Or even worse, a name I hate.

He doesn’t like Cordelia because it has Delia in it, Leila is close to Lila which is part of Delilah, Alexia and all Alex names are NOW all of a sudden, too close to Alik, Scarlett(Which he once loved) has ‘scar’ in it, Anastasia(Which I like) is his late mother’s name(I don‘t know why he doesn‘t want us to name our daughter after her now. It‘s been on our list for awhile). Clarissa is too close to the ‘name thief‘(I do agree here), Juliet(I like) will forever be looking for Romeo(He really did say this), Marjorie is too close to margarine(He said the same thing about Margaret but I think that was bit of a stretch), Calla makes him think of Lilies which are flowers. He just doesn’t like Aurora, Vivienne & Clare for no reason at all.

Elizabeth does have a bad association for me(One of the mean girls at school along with Maddy, Monica & Gabrielle.) He also has a half-brother named Adrian so Adrianne is out even though I do like it.

I do appreciate your help and I apologize for my stubborn husband and all he crazy reasoning’s for not liking names.
    Happily married to my better half Nikolai.
    Our Handsome Gentlemen Bentley, Maxwell, Easton & Schuyler.
    And Beautiful Princess Anastasia.

Ha! Oh, husbands! Huh. What would he say if you asked him to give you a list of the five names he would want to use for this baby girl?

It looks like you guys are liking Charlotte, Penelope, Miranda, Amelia, etc., yes? Do you think any of those could be "the one," or is he still pushing back? You guys definitely seem to like girly names, or at least he did at one time and you still do (ha!), so what about a shorter version like Anya (instead of Anastasia) which still feels unique and fun? Heck, you could spell it Anja if you wanted to - it's totally legit. Same thing for something like Katya or Katia. A cool name, related to a classic, that feels fresh and interesting with your boys' names.

I'm bummed about Gemma and Aurora! Especially Gemma. I love it with your kiddos' names!

What about a name that means "princess" for your Baby Princess? :-) No, seriously. There are some that look and sound a little trendy or 'unique,' as your husband might say - for instance Maelie, which sounds like Miley or May-Lee - that are legitimate names. Or, there are the striking, feminine choices that I could see fitting your needs:

Orla
    Sadie
    Sela
    Sari
    Soraya
    Zara

(I am seriously obsessed with Sela lately, and Zara for awhile, and Orla feels very fresh to me, but quirky. But Soraya has potential, too!)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Your husband sounds a lot like mine! He has too many great aunts - Ivy, Iris, Eloise, Lola, all names I love and am forbidden to use because he wants our baby to have her/his OWN name, not anyone else's.

What about Sylvia? I like how it sounds with your last name.