Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Madita!

Madita!

I've recently come across Madita (Mah-dee-tah) again, a name I have known for such a long time but that was never on my "name radar".
    It's the german form of the name "Madicken" a character (and book) by Astrid Lindgren.
    Her books (and movies) were a big part of my childhood and I still love so many characters.
    Madicken / Madita are diminutives of Margarete / Margaret, however I'm not such a fan of the full names.

What do you think of Madita?
    Nickname options that aren't Maddi or Dita?
    Would it work with any of my favourite names (signature), either as a first or one of two middle names?

I'd love to hear (read) your comments!
    Last edited by opheliaflora; December 8th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Polly

Flora | Ophelia | Penelope | Rose

August | Elliott Caspar Frederick | Theo

I think it has a sweet sound. I've never heard of it before (though it reminds me of Medea). It's really nice and could work really well as a name. Using names in your signature as middles, I like:

Madita Clementine
    Madita Eloise
    Madita Juliette
    Madita Leonor (Love this a lot!!)
    Madita Penelope
    Madita Rose

And for nicknames, maybe:

May
    Mia
    Maddie
    Dita
    Mada
    Didi (deedee)
    Mita
    Mattie
    Mimi
    Dia
    Tia
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

It's interesting. I like it as a middle with your "a" ending names, especially Clara.

Clara Madita, sounds musical! I may say it all day long! Claramadita, Claramadita!!

I also thought of Medea for some reason. Also Macrina.
    I really want to like the name, but all I see is "mad" even though Madeleine and Madchen don't bother me.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Vasilisa, Indrina, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia, Lisandra, Silveria, Vitellia, Satyana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander or Evren, Caspian, Howell, Theron, Sander

My first thought was 'little mad one'. It might work in German or Swedish, but it's confusing in English.