Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pronunciation and Spelling Preferences!

Hi Berries! I am in love with a set of names, and want to know what the community thinks/prefers and why, if you're willing to explain...

Magdalen

Magdalene

Magdalena

The first two I would pronounce mag-dah-lehn, but I worry about people mishearing "Madelyn." The last version I'm not sure how to pronounce...mag-dah-leh-nah? Or mag-dah-lay-nah? I prefer the first pronunciation for the nickname "Lena," but the second feels more natural to me for some reason...

I'm not expecting, just interested in these names/opinions! Thanks (:
    Jude Zachary-Jacob and Clara Elizabeth * Oliver David and Theodora Lila * Franklin Amias and Aria Tamsin
    Asher Jude and Silvia Lynne * Ignatius (?) and Magdalena Lux

Bumping this, since I'm still looking for opinions (:
    Jude Zachary-Jacob and Clara Elizabeth * Oliver David and Theodora Lila * Franklin Amias and Aria Tamsin
    Asher Jude and Silvia Lynne * Ignatius (?) and Magdalena Lux

I think I would pronounce the later as mag-da-leen-a. I prefer Magdalene, which I would pronounce as mag-da-leen. All three are lovely.
    Mom to Emberlee Shea. Expecting #2 Aug 2014.

I like the spelling Magdalen best. Second best I like Magdalena, I would pronounce this Mag-Dah-Leh-Nah.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Magdalen - MAG-duh-len

Magdalene - MAG-duh-leen

Magdalena - mag-duh-LAY-nuh or mag-duh-LEEN-uh
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid