Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Magick Lithe

Magick Lithe

Me again. After much ado we've finally decided on our 8 month old daughter's name. Yup, we're that crazy. So now we need a name that goes beautifully with big sister Marian. Marian is for me all that is good; loyalty, bravery, beauty, kindness, goodness, generosity, cleverness, sweetness and wildness. And it's utterly enchanting and magical. It's rare and special, familiar and it's got all the goodie Robin Hood-ness a name needs to be truly fantastical. I'd like a name that's just as great as Marian, easy and beautiful, known and cherished. Magick lithe.

These are the names we've got this far:
    Astrid
    Calypso or Callisto (I'm leaning towards Calypso because it's been regularly used in England over the last few years)
    Cassandra
    Cosima
    Daphne
    Delilah
    Drusilla
    Elettra/Elektra
    Eowyn
    Isolde*
    Loveday
    Nerissa
    Nimue
    Olwen
    Ophelia
    Pandora
    Phaedra
    Senara*
    Sylvestra or Sylvaine (Sylvestra feels awfully long all of a sudden, and Sylvaine gives me the same gothic fairytale feeling)
    Ursula
    Viola
    Xanthe
    Yseult*
    Zennor*

I'm also toying with Cordelia/Cordeilla, but I've already got so many C-names...

Opinions and suggestions?

The names we've considered before will go in the middle spot, for example Daphne Ophelia Tinuviel, Cosima Freyja Sylvaine, etc.

If anyone wants to make combos, we're doing two middles - big sister's full name is Marian Illyria Aphrodite and surname is a two-one syllable thing beginning with L, ending in s.

Thanks so much!!

*It would be Senara or Zennor and Isolde or Yseult, as they refer to the same person.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I adore Nerissa with Marian. It feels perfect.
    Nerissa Viola Isolde
    Nerissa Cassandra Xanthe
    Nerissa Eowyn Zennor

What's important is that you and hubby decided on the right name for your daughter, who cares how long it took?

Marian Illyria Aphrodite is a beautiful name! I am sure that she will absolutely adore her name.

From your list, I particularly love:

Isolde - Absolutely stunning, this is one of my favorite names but due to brother-in-law being named Tristan it's unusable for me.
    Daphne - Beautiful!
    Astrid - I especially like this name for you, plus the way you pronounce it is stunning, you pronounce it without the d sound, is that correct??
    Ophelia - Pretty
    Ursula - this name is really growing on me lately.

Oh, and I think Cordelia is great too! Cordelia makes me think of the Anne of Green Gables books by L.M. Montgomery (not sure if you have ever read these, but they are awesome, Anne always wanted to be named Cordelia).

I'm not going to try any combinations yet, I will have to think on it a little bit longer.

Yay yay yay my list is here! Haha. I made a top 5ish, stars next to my faves.

*Cassandra
    *Isolde
    *Senara
    *Viola
    I love Eowyn (and to a lesser extent Olwen) but am unsure about the shared endings.
    Sylvaine is my favorite out of the two, but she doesn't quite rank with the other 4. =]
    Dominic James~ (5)

Gabriel : Jude : Ramsay : Roland

You decide to change the order too? I'll miss AMIE, but I agree with @jtucker, I am glad you have found the right name for Roo. (She is still a Roo, right?)

With Marian, I love:
    Cosima - this one is so starry.
    Delilah - Marian and Delilah. This sounds so delicate to my ear.
    Eowyn - have to admit, I still love the idea of Roo and Winnie together.
    Phaedra
    Nerissa - she could be your new water girl.
    Olwen
    Elettra - another starry name (of course she is, Electra's from pleiades). Elettra gives me the same feeling as Sylvestra.
    Isolde/Yseult - Icy winter girl.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias