Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Asher or Archer?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asher

39 56.52%
  • Archer

30 43.48%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I like Asher in other languages, but in English it sounds an awful lot like "someone who ashes," the issue with that being that you can't "ash" something. Archer just sounds so dashing to me, even though I tend not to like occupational names.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Asher's Biblical history trumps Archer the occupational/surname for me. Asher is an old name that sounds contemporary. Archer is a trendy name that may sound "old" soon enough.
    I agree with this. Although, Asher is very popular where I live and I have yet to know an Archer. Also, I wonder if people would ask if you are into archery. Our family is, so maybe that's why I'm thinking it.
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"

Thank you, all.

We keep going back to Asher. I think we are just attached to Asher Boone as a whole already. We can not even picture Asher with a different middle name.
    Emerson Gray - Bennett Wolf - Archer Finley - Piers Lachlan - Addison Birch
    Tadhg Emerson - Gray Everett - Roan August - Crew Rafferty - Crispin ?
    Lilia Rose - Story Anneliese - Isabel Hettie "Isby" - Sofie Wren - Emmeline ? "Milly"
    Coralie Winter - Everly Marit - Waverly Pearl - Eliza Jane - ? ?

my son

Archer all the way. I find Asher sounds really stuffy and pretentious to me. While Archer sounds way cooler! I also adore the nickname Archie though!
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

Asher Boone is a nice combo, if you're already attached to it then I think you've found your winner! Congrats!
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.