Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Asher or Archer?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asher

39 56.52%
  • Archer

30 43.48%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you prefer Asher or Archer?

Emsky suggested switching our Liam Archer combo around to Archer Liam, we loved the idea (thank you, emsky). We equally love Asher Boone and Archer Liam, well Archer Boone is also being discussed. Do you prefer Asher or Archer?
    Maebry Eloise o Avia Juniper o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------------- o -------------- o ---------------

heart my son

Those were my top two choices for our boy's name before we found out if baby was a boy or girl.

We went with Asher because we thought it sounded better with our middle name selection, which is a family name that wasn't going to change.
    But also, for us.. it came down to nicknames. I prefer Ash over Archie. I cannot stand the nn Archie, just not my style at all.

Asher also fit with our older children's names, in style and just sound over Archer.
    I do love all the combos you have listed, though. Tough choice!
    Last edited by escg33k; December 7th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.

I've never been a fan of Asher, its nice just not my style, but Archer is very handsome
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman]Momma to [COLOR="#ff6699"][I]Caia Rose[/I][/COLOR] & [COLOR="#0099ff"][B]Magnus James[/B][/COLOR]
    Adopting/Expecting [COLOR="#33cc66"][U]Baby #3[/U][/COLOR] in July 2014
    Auntie To [COLOR="#9933cc"][I]Kaytlin Nicole[/I][/COLOR] & [COLOR="#990000"][B]Ryan Anthony[/B][/COLOR]
    God-Mother To [COLOR="#9900ff"][I][COLOR="#993399"]Olivia Ann[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR] & [COLOR="#ff6666"][I][COLOR="#ff6666"]Isabella Marie[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [FONT=Times New Roman]Babysitter of [COLOR="#3366cc"][B]Brentlee Carter[/B][/COLOR] & [COLOR="#003399"][B]Wade Silas[/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [/CENTER]

Asher's Biblical history trumps Archer the occupational/surname for me. Asher is an old name that sounds contemporary. Archer is a trendy name that may sound "old" soon enough.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I agree with Mischa - however, I do like Archer for the nn Arch.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth, James, Luke
    Celtic flair: Claire, Maeve, Declan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Grace, Jane, Rose, Jack, Leo