Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Name Hutchison?

Name Hutchison?

What do you think of the name Hutchison, nn Hutch? It's a family name I like to use. The last name is an English profession name, along the lines of Brewer.

There are a lot surnames that can easily become first names and Hutchison just isn't one of them. I would use it in the middle instead.
    Last edited by ikfly; December 6th, 2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

Quote Originally Posted by ikfly View Post
    There are a lot surnames that can easily become first names and Hutchison just isn't one of them. I would use it in the middle instead.
    These are my feeling also. Hutchison Brewer also sounds like a company. I know your surname is not exactly Brewer but any profession name surname I feel may have the same affect.
    Last edited by ikfly; December 6th, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Maebry Eloise o Elle ? o Coralie Winter o ? ?
    Espen Rigby o Gray Everett o Brooks Wilder o Kai Lachlan
    ------------------- o ------------------- o --------------------

heart my son

Reminds me a lot of the company Hutchison. I would use it as a middle name or maybe you like the similar sounding Hudson?

Quote Originally Posted by eizariya View Post
    What do you think of the name Hutchison, nn Hutch? It's a family name I like to use. The last name is an English profession name, along the lines of Brewer.
    I disagree with people who have said that Hutchison can not be used as a first name. There was a time when "Tyler" was considered too odd for a first name, along with Carter and many other surnames-turned-first-names. I believe if you feel a connection to a name, go for it. Hutchison is actually on my list. For decades, (since I was a kid!) I loved the name Sawyer. Unfortunately, because of the media (Lost) that name has become trendy. This is my long way of saying, if you feel comfortable naming your child with a more original name (as I do), go for it. Otherwise he will be one of many. Some people are okay with that too. It's a matter of preference!