Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Name Hutchison?

Name Hutchison?

What do you think of the name Hutchison, nn Hutch? It's a family name I like to use. The last name is an English profession name, along the lines of Brewer.

There are a lot surnames that can easily become first names and Hutchison just isn't one of them. I would use it in the middle instead.
    Last edited by ikfly; December 6th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Dany | Mama to a kit named Zola Bastet
    WTTC 2016/2017
    Naming Group On Facebook

Top Ten

Alaric Matthew Ronen | Jasper Samuel Orion | Edmund Leander Giles | Damian Frédéric Blaise
    Lilith Seraphine | Freyja Hermione Jade | Katarina Beatrice Fey | Amara Violette Nimue | Gemma Viviane Lois
    Wavering
    Cordelia Violette | Caroline Safira | Hazel Andromeda | Saskia Temperance| Gideon Rhys (Malachi) | Elijah Serafin (Lior) | James Balthazar (Henrik)

Quote Originally Posted by ikfly View Post
    There are a lot surnames that can easily become first names and Hutchison just isn't one of them. I would use it in the middle instead.
    These are my feeling also. Hutchison Brewer also sounds like a company. I know your surname is not exactly Brewer but any profession name surname I feel may have the same affect.
    Last edited by ikfly; December 6th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
    Piers Lachlan Wilder
    Charlie Bennett Wolf
    Oliver Henry Birch
    George Emory Tobias
    Finlay Radford August
    Crispin Everett Gray
    Sophie Elizabeth Fable
    Grace Margaret Birdie "Birdie"
    Emma Jane Magnolia
    Lottie Beatrix Clementine
    Evelyn Edith/Willa Dulcie "Evvie"
    Alice Madeleine Waverly

heart my son
    my name list - please vote

Reminds me a lot of the company Hutchison. I would use it as a middle name or maybe you like the similar sounding Hudson?

Quote Originally Posted by eizariya View Post
    What do you think of the name Hutchison, nn Hutch? It's a family name I like to use. The last name is an English profession name, along the lines of Brewer.
    I disagree with people who have said that Hutchison can not be used as a first name. There was a time when "Tyler" was considered too odd for a first name, along with Carter and many other surnames-turned-first-names. I believe if you feel a connection to a name, go for it. Hutchison is actually on my list. For decades, (since I was a kid!) I loved the name Sawyer. Unfortunately, because of the media (Lost) that name has become trendy. This is my long way of saying, if you feel comfortable naming your child with a more original name (as I do), go for it. Otherwise he will be one of many. Some people are okay with that too. It's a matter of preference!