Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Penelope or Nell?

We recently found out we will be welcoming a second daughter come April. I had posted quite awhile back looking for some ideas and while we do have a short list, I just keep coming back to Penelope. It had been runner up for our DD and I really didn't think we'd even consider it again. I just really dislike how popular/common it has/will continue to become. I suggested to DH that maybe we should just use Nell instead of the full Penelope, but I'm really on the fence about that. I love how it sounds but feel it may not be enough. Thoughts?
    Mommy to Mae Elizabeth

TTC and currently loving:
    Jude, Thatcher, Flynn, & Phineas
    Pearl, Georgia, Penelope, Wren, & Lark

I think Nell works if you want to stick to one syllable names. Mae and Nell are sweet together. Or you could reverse the pattern and do a long first name with a short middle name. Penelope Wren or Penelope Lark? And call her Nell?
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra James Theodore Simon
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Caroline Cordelia Gwen Georgia Arya

I say stick with Penelope. You can always call her "Nell" as a nickname.

I prefer Penelope nn Nell. Penelope Wren is gorgeous.

But Nell works well with Mae. If you used just Nell, what middles are you considering?
    Cora Esme Hazel Matilda Sylvie Thea Willa Zara
    Archer Emrys Jasper Julian Leo Rhys Sawyer Theo

If we go with Penelope, we are leaning towards Joy as a middle name, although I do love Wren! As for Nell... I would like to use something biblical, but haven't quite found anything. DH likes Nell Esther. I love the story of Esther and have always wanted to incorporate it into a name, but all I hear when I say that is "molester." If we weren't using anything biblical, I'd probably lean towards something like Georgia or Juniper.
    Mommy to Mae Elizabeth

TTC and currently loving:
    Jude, Thatcher, Flynn, & Phineas
    Pearl, Georgia, Penelope, Wren, & Lark