Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Mariner as a first name?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 26.67%
  • No

33 73.33%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

unusual boy names

I can convince my husband to let me name a daughter almost anything, but he is stubborn when it comes to boy names. He likes Jack. I like Jack too, but It is way way way too common for me to consider using. I am looking for unusual boy names that aren't too "out there," but aren't used much at all. I mean, not even in the top 1000 names. All I have so far is "Mariner" which is amazing because I was leaning towards a sea name. What do you guys think of it? Any other suggestions?

Mariner sounds like you're trying too hard to be different. I'm a baseball fan so all that I think of is "Seattle Mariners". You have to love the name but you're also not the one that has to introduce yourself with it on the playground.

Btw, love jack! What about Jack Mariner...? Still different name yet not one used at every introduction.

I am not a fan of Mariner as a first name but I love the suggestion of Jack Mariner.
    Maebry Eloise o Elle ? o Coralie Winter o ? ?
    Espen Rigby o Gray Everett o Brooks Wilder o Kai Lachlan
    ------------------- o ------------------- o --------------------

heart my son

Maybe instead of Mariner you could go with Sailor? I actually know a Sailor.

To me, Mariner sounds to much mike Marina, which is a girl's name.