Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Top 100 baby names in Canada 2013

Saw this on Appellation Mountain early and figured I'd share it I'm not the only Canadian berry who wishes for a more detailed list, it seems, but anyway:

http://www.todaysparent.com/top-100-...n-canada-2013/

It's somewhat similar to the American SSA list but some big differences- e.g. Isabella isn't in the top 20! It combines spellings so e.g. Elizabeth and Elisabeth are counted as one name. You can definitely see the French influence from Quebec too, with names like Camille and Antoine.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Interesting that Maya/Mia, which I feel are different names with different pronunciations, are combined into one listing, while Jaxon/Jaxson has a listing and is considered separate from Jackson. (???)

I do love that a lot more vintage-type names (Florence, Maude) seem to be on the Canadian list.

Thank you for sharing!
    Current Favorites:

Elliott, Luke, Matthew, Oliver, Reid, Wyatt

Alice, Celia, Charlotte, Claire, Elisabeth, Genevieve, Holly, Matilda, Poppy, Scarlett

Super suprised to see Romy, Ocean, Justine, Florence & Naomi in the top 100. Wow. As for boys, I didn't expect to see Raphael, Emile, and Malik. Okay, so maybe Malik was one of those you were kind of both ways on. I think this may have been a tad bit influenced by boy band singer Zayn Malik, who incase anyone is wondering is a muslim.
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

I'm just happy to see Jayden and Madison out of the top 10. Stay strong, Canadians. :-) I like seeing the French influence in Florence, Maeva, Antoine, and (swoon!) Maxime.

I don't really get seeing Harper on there. As a Canadian, that's all Prime Minister Harper to me. Then again, my politics tend in another direction...

ETA: Sorry, I meant top 10, not top 12. Oops...
    Last edited by maggiefromcanada; December 13th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova