Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Crushes, Your Thoughts?

Some new name loves have been popping out in front of my eyes these past few days, and I just wanted your thoughts on them.

Fern: (middle name) This honours my mum in a way and it honours where I live.
    Iris: (probably as a middle.) I love it's spunk.
    Maude (as a first name, maybe as a middle): I have a great great aunt Maude and she is in her mid-nineties now. She would be a great person to honour.
    Yael (pronounced ya-ell. as a middle name) it just feels fun and sunny. It reminds me of Yael Naim and her song New Soul.

Do you think these names work well with the rest of my list? (Audrey Plum, Rhoda Sylvie, Marian Esmeralda, Enid Ffion, Julian Darcy, Oliver Robin, Henry Meredith)

Maude is very similar to Audrey though. I am a fan of nicknames, stretched or not. If I ever had a daughter called Audrey, I would call her Plum or Audie (or Audie Plum). Would Maude/Maudie work as well?

Are there any names in particular that might work with Iris & Yael in the middle?

Thank you!

Mina.
    Lee, blackbird.

Audrey/Marian/Julian/James

Fern- I have a bad association w this name and it seems dated
    Iris- love so under used.
    Maude- due for a comeback.
    Yael- like it.

Fern: Love it! Green & dewy and wonderful. First name material imo
    Iris: I love this name! You like the short, punchy nature names! I do too!
    Maude I adore it. It's also a short but strong name that manages to be little and big. I think it's sassy & old timey.
    Yael I don't care for it. It feels mannish to me. Sorry

Do you think these names work well with the rest of my list? (Audrey Plum, Rhoda Sylvie, Marian Esmeralda, Enid Ffion, Julian Darcy, Oliver Robin, Henry Meredith) - You're list feels pretty ecclectic so I guess anything goes. I think Rhoda & Enid fit best with the ones I favor. Plum is great too. I do Robin & Henry for boys.

Maude is very similar to Audrey though.- Not to me. I really love the strength of Maude and while Audrey is nice enough it doesn't stand up like Maude imo.
    I am a fan of nicknames, stretched or not. If I ever had a daughter called Audrey, I would call her Plum or Audie (or Audie Plum). Would Maude/Maudie work as well- Audie & Maudie wouldn't work for me for sisters. Plum & Maude would make excellent sisters. Plum & Maude sounds like the name of a boutique I want to shop in or something!

Are there any names in particular that might work with Iris & Yael in the middle?
    Wilhelmina Iris came to mind immediately. I guess I would pick something with length & a flowy vibe. Nothing nature inspired, no word names, nothing S heavy or too vowely. Bernadette Iris is really great too. Emmanuella Iris is pretty, but might skew vowel heavy for some.

Great choices!

merylp: thanks for your thoughts

tarayaz: aah, thank you! Short, punchy, spunky nature names are my favourite. (punchy! New favourite word!) Plum & Maude sounds fabulous! It could be my future design/shop name. thank you!

I'm going to *bump* this up, to see if I can get a few more replies.
    Lee, blackbird.

Audrey/Marian/Julian/James

I love Iris, Maude and Yael, but I am not all that fond of Fern. I think that's mainly due to a book I read as a teen which had a terribly gawky and annoying girl named Fern in it, though. I think that Iris fits best with your other names.