Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Welcome baby bladette

Hi all--

I was a very active member of the forums (fora?) here until July, when I was essentially told I would be fired if my Principal Investigator saw me on the site any more. As it's not my style to post dramatic self-absorbed farewells, I faded gently into that good night. I hope you're all doing well.

On Saturday, 11.30.13, we welcomed our daughter: Cassia Viviane Noor.

Cassia was named for St Cassia(ne), a brilliant Byzantine musical scholar and theologian. She is a pretty inspiring namesake: she's one of the few women of her day who actually made a mark on Christianity, and chose a life as a scholar and abbess after being turned down for marriage by the emperor because she outsmarted him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kassia

Viviane was chosen as the French form of Viviana, who is the patron saint of Los Angeles. We also quite liked the meaning: 'life, lively.' Our son's middle name, Raphael, was given because Raphael the Archangel is the patron saint of the city in which he was born (Seattle), and we wanted a subtle connection between the two children's names.

Noor is an Arabic name we have long loved; it means "light." There were two famous Noors who serve as good namesakes: Noor Inayat Khan, a true hero of the French Resistance and the most successful female spy of WWII, and Queen Noor of Jordan, who modernized and breathed life into her husband's kingdom.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Oh, Bladey, congrats! You chose a wonderfully beautiful name for your little girl - but there was never a doubt about that was there? Simply stunning. I love the reasons for choosing your daughter's names, they're so meaningful and special.

I hope you're all having a lovely time with your new little bundle, that Antoine is enjoying having a little sister, and I hope you're doing well. I've missed your beautifully written sentences, well reasoned opinions, cleverness and caring over the past few months, but I understand your absence. Much love and joy coming to you from London xox
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Congrats to you and your family on the safe arrival of your second child, Cassia Viviane Noor. Your daughter has some wonderful namesakes. I'm glad to hear that everyone is well. Many Berries were worried when you disappeared so suddenly. I'm relieved to hear that you're all fine. Have a wonderful holiday with hubby, Antoine and Cassia.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

What a beautiful name! Congratulations!

God grant her many years! Cassiane is a powerful patron saint indeed.

It's good to see you again. I'm so glad to hear of Cassia's safe arrival, and her beautiful name! You've been missed around here.