Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Welcome baby bladette

Hi all--

I was a very active member of the forums (fora?) here until July, when I was essentially told I would be fired if my Principal Investigator saw me on the site any more. As it's not my style to post dramatic self-absorbed farewells, I faded gently into that good night. I hope you're all doing well.

On Saturday, 11.30.13, we welcomed our daughter: Cassia Viviane Noor.

Cassia was named for St Cassia(ne), a brilliant Byzantine musical scholar and theologian. She is a pretty inspiring namesake: she's one of the few women of her day who actually made a mark on Christianity, and chose a life as a scholar and abbess after being turned down for marriage by the emperor because she outsmarted him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kassia

Viviane was chosen as the French form of Viviana, who is the patron saint of Los Angeles. We also quite liked the meaning: 'life, lively.' Our son's middle name, Raphael, was given because Raphael the Archangel is the patron saint of the city in which he was born (Seattle), and we wanted a subtle connection between the two children's names.

Noor is an Arabic name we have long loved; it means "light." There were two famous Noors who serve as good namesakes: Noor Inayat Khan, a true hero of the French Resistance and the most successful female spy of WWII, and Queen Noor of Jordan, who modernized and breathed life into her husband's kingdom.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq