Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

From Cruise to Ophelia... we need help

My husband and I can't agree and I'm ready to call our baby "thirdling." Brothers are Tor and Wolfie. I like

Juno Valor
    Ophelia Fox
    Wren
    Thea
    Lark

My husband likes

Sky
    Cruise
    Maribel
    Micheala

Oh. My. Gosh. We are all over the place and nowhere near each other! We both really want a strong name. This little girl is going to have to work hard, be brave, fierce even, to make it! I want a name that reflects that somehow. Not that I have achieved those qualities with my picks... Oh! And I love the slightly superhero-ish thing!

So can you all help?!?

My first thought after reading your post was Matilda, since it means "strength in battle." It's a bit close to Michaela, and it has a lot of great nickname options - Mattie, Tilly, Millie, Milla, Tilda, Tildy.

I like your list much better than his for the most part, though I have been liking Sky lately. Juno Valor is just bad-ass. I have a soft spot for Valor on a girl. I like Valora too. I like all five of the names from your list, though.

Aeron / Aerona / Aeronwy
    Briar
    Sigrid
    Casimira
    Boudicca
    Athena
    Renata
    Arista
    Sarai
    Asteria
    Hedy
    Alala
    Marcella / Marceline
    Valeska
    Olympia
    Valencia

Juno Valor - Not bad. I think Juno has potential.
    Ophelia Fox - A tragic suicide broken and driven mad by a rude lover isn't what I think of as a strong heroine. Ophelia is a porcelain doll to me.
    Wren - A tiny brown songbird? Adorable, I like this name, but strong?
    Thea - Maybe it's just NMS.
    Lark - I like the k hardness but it has some of the issues I have with Wren, except larks aren't as tiny.

I don't like any of your husband's picks at all, though Mirabel would be interesting.

Spin-off ideas:
    Isis - another queen goddess like Juno.
    Kestrel - another bird, but this one a fast-moving bird of prey.
    Calico - Lots of legends surround the multi-coloured cats... and they're almost always female.
    Tansy - A sweet-sounding name that means 'immortal,' I like the contrast
    Xanthe - That pointy X but a legit name.
    Ivy - A lush, rampant vine, images of adventure and crumbling ruins, and in Victorian flower language Ivy meant 'faithfulness' or 'fidelity.' My mom thinks this is not a "pretty enough" floral for a girl but I love its greenness.
    Zelda - 'Lucky' and also an adventurous, roadster-driving, Art Deco image.
    Blythe - Breezy, streamline, and uncompromising. But never dark or bitter, Blythe is silvery and pixie-like, wild and free.

Am I way outside what you're looking for? Your style is so eclectic I don't want to force you into a box, but I'd love to know what you like or don't.

Love Juno, Why not combine Juno and Sky(e)?
    Aurore Ebba Rosalind, Aurelia Beatrice Rose, Hadewych Ebba Aurora, Cosima Rose Beatrice, Riva Ianthe Juniper, Melisande Juno Catharina, Lorelei Caja Vasilisa

Ramses, Midas, Erasmus/Rasmus, Rodolphe, Jasper, Rembrandt, Lloyd, Lucius, Otis, Emrys, Oberon

Due 2.15.2015

Thanks to all. I really liked Aeron... but can't get over the Aeron Chair thing. Hedy. Interesting! And really pretty! Ditto Olympia and Isis. I also like Neve.

I already tried adding sky as a middle name but hubs won't bite... so I'll try some of these on for size!!!