Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names that mean dawn

I'm looking for names that mean dawn. Other than Dawn. I know about Aurora, and that's a possibility. My father died last year and his name was Donald, and everyone called him Don.

I'm looking for a word that means Dawn, which sounds like Don, to be used as a middle name for a girl. I'm pregnant and don't know yet if it's a girl or a boy so I guess I'm getting ahead of myself! I just miss my dad so much.

Im sorry for your loss. Congratulations with your pregnancy, dear, i wish you all the best. Senara, Eos , Roxanna/ Roxanne, Zora, Aruna , Dagny -pn. dawn-yay , Im sorry, im on my phone, and it wont let me skip lines. I think just Dawn would be cute as a middle name. Good luck with your search, and welcome to nameberry.
    Last edited by rhiatayler; December 3rd, 2013 at 02:00 AM.
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

I'm sorry for your loss. My husband's father passed away last year as well, also named Donald. We're considering our options for honoring him, too!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

The only one I know of outside of the PP's suggestions is Alba, which I love! Alba, Zora and Aurora are all great 'dawn' names.

Donya is a female form of Donald; and Ailani | Maelle | Maelys all mean the same thing, 'chief'.

Also, I realize this is a girls name forum....but some great international variations of Donald for boys: Bohdan | Donal | Donovan

Good luck to you!

Agatha Louise - 'Aggie'
    Proud Step-Mom To
    Maddox Owen | Ryker Matthew
    Expecting First Biological Child - Little Girl - June 2014

Abram | Abel | Breccan | Brooks | Foster | Killian | Macsen | Milo | Silas
    Aurelia | Ever | Eloise | Madigan | Maeva | Noa | Romilly | Rowan | Wren

These are great ideas; another approach could be to use Donna, Donatella, Madonna, Donita, Lindon, Sidonie, or even Daisy ... Is that last suggestion silly?
    Best wishes to you.

One way to honor your father is to choose a name that contains "don." Names that mean dawn:

Oriana
    Roxanne/Roxanna
    Sahar
    Shahar/Shahara
    Zerlina/Zerlinda
    Zora
    Mom to Emberlee Shea. Expecting #2 Aug 2014.