Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which -a ending names do you like?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Araminta

34 36.96%
  • Beulah

4 4.35%
  • Demelza

7 7.61%
  • Dinah

24 26.09%
  • Geneva

32 34.78%
  • Jemima

30 32.61%
  • Marilla

17 18.48%
  • Petronella

4 4.35%
  • Rowena

47 51.09%
  • Wilhelmina

26 28.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What are your top ten -a ending female names?

I've listed mine on the poll, though not Cordelia, which I love so much that I chose it for my daughter.

I like that these all sound like clipper ships sailing boldly forth. I am not so drawn to the -a ending names that sound weak to me, such as Elizabella or Claribella, or Elizabetta.

Names that I ran out of room for: Thalia, Thora, Thomasina, Jamesina, Jemma, Mahalia, Morwenna, Nina, Octavia, Grania, Fabia, Leonora, Petrova, Virginia, Fredericka, Fenella, Forsythia, Flora, Lana, Tilda, and Zamora!

What is your top 10 list, if you have one?

I am seriously thinking of getting a flock of chickens, mostly for the splendid naming possibilities (and ALL girls!).
    Last edited by lesliemarion; December 2nd, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

Of your top ten the only one I liked is Dinah. Out of those you didn't have room for I like Jemma (but with a g, so Gemma) and Lana. None of these would make my top 10.

My top ten in no real order is...

1. Kiera
    2. Cara
    3. Cora
    4. Lilla
    5. Priya
    6. Anya
    7. Aria
    8. Trista
    9. Kayla
    10. Sarah

Of these there are only 4 I could see using for my own child. Kiera, Lilla, Priya, and Aria. For some reason I seem to be drawn to other name endings.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

I already used Ava, Mia and Gemma for my three daughters. So taking your lead I will leave them off of my list.

1) Roma
    2) Stella
    3) Lucia
    4) Francesca
    5) Keira
    6) Olivia
    7) Helena
    8) Elsa
    9) Bella
    10) Dulcea

The last two were middle names (Isobel instead of Bella) because I kept combining my favorite names into one combo in case I never had another girl. I never imagined I would have three daughters! If I had known ahead of time I probably would have come up with a more cohesive list and would have ripped both the list and my hair apart before my first girl had been born. Sometimes you just have to wing it.

I edited this because I saw Keira and since I had Keira on my list before I swapped out Amelia for Keira. I like Amelia but I didn't overly consider it.
    Last edited by gigigibbons; December 2nd, 2013 at 12:54 AM.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncy Baby Boy: Tristan LeMarque * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele

My favourite from your poll was Araminta. Hmm, a lot of my favourite names end in A, including my #1 and #2 (the only ones I've ranked): Azalea and Cordelia.

My top 10 A-ending names would be something like:
    Azalea
    Cordelia
    Hespera
    Portia
    Diana
    Victoria
    Viola
    Francesca
    Aurelia
    Octavia
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Of the ones list, I like Marilla (first introduced to me by Anne of Green Gables, of course) and Dinah (couldn't tell you why, I've just always liked it).
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling