Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Taylor, for a boy

I used to think of Taylor, Tayla and Taylah as nineties and dated until I started thinking about it on a boy. That thought was inspired by Taylor Henderson who was runner up on X-Factor Australia he's 20 so received the name when it was more popular for girls. I was talking to my sister a little while ago and she said she thought of Tayla and Taylah as the girl spellings (and they are the two more popular spellings in Australia) and Taylor as the boy spelling.

I know I'm mostly just rambling but is Taylor usable for a boy? I pronounce it Tay-LAH
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

I have 16 year old step-son named Taylor. I never thought of Taylor on a boy until I met him, but I love it and don't really think of it as a girl's name after knowing him.

However, we pronounce it TAY-ler. I think pronouncing it with the -LAH at the end does make it sound more feminine.

@gwennielou I'm Australian so saying Tay-ler sounds forced and silly to me because in my accent I say er's as Ah's
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Taylor was a very popular name amongst the guys at my high school, so it's always strange to me when I hear Taylor called a girl's name. It's masculine to me.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I had a feeling that was the case

Bottom line...it's not a name I ever considered using, but it sure is great on him and rarely used in the US for a boy.