Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    When people name girls 'Avery' or 'Quinn' or 'Michael' or even 'Taylor'... Those are BOYS' names!!!
    Mary, Ophelia, Lily, Genevieve, Elsa, Agatha, Gwyneth, Blanche, Kate, Florence, Nessie, Dylan
    Finn, Cove, Augustus, Alfie, Todd, Harry, Dylan, Jericho, Alistair, Melchior, Wesley

Yes, I like Dylan on boys and girls....don't judge me.

Yeah, I immensely dislike recycled names... except, as aforementioned, when it's Joseph or Mary/Marie/Maria. Like, for instance, my family: Mary Jean, Angela Mary; Margaret Mary, Theresa Marie, Catherine Mary; Maria Cathleen, Anna Mary, Mary Renee. And you can ditto Joseph. Although, I've often thought you could try to be more creative with it, like use Grace/Lux/Fatima/Guadalupe/Mercedes in place of Mary for some girls. But they chose the simpler way, I guess : )
    Jude Marius-Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic-William Christian-Damian Joachim

Genevieve Reine-Caterina Lourdes-Madeleine Neve

Honor-Emilia-Afton-Maeve-Hermione-Balthasar-Noel-Arthur-Percy-Leonard

When parents say "I didn't know...." after they've named the kid. Examples:
    "I didn't know it was a boy name"
    "I didn't know how it was supposed to be spelled/pronounced"
    "I didn't know it had such a negative meaning/connotation/association"

So you couldn't be bothered to do any research on the name you were bestowing on another human being?

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

My pet hate is people using nicknames 100% of the time but putting another name on the birth certificate. I love Alfie and not Alfred should I really have to call him Alfred? Also the "Ashley is a boys name and needs to be used on boys" attitude we have on Nameberry I have a male second cousin named Ashley but I know five female Ashley's (with different spellings) and my best friends middle name is Ashlee. A male Ashley would have more trouble then a female Ashley though I adore Taylor on a boy.
    Final pet hate: if you use a top 500 name your child will have no identity. Hate to tell you but only 1% of children get the top name.
    I do like the junior idea but only once my uncles a junior and goes by a nickname and gave his son a different name which is fine.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Meh, none of this bothers me. I like honor names, and don't mind if they're repeated as middles. What if you had one person who meant more to you than all else? Also, my daughter and her cousin have the same middle, and I expect they'll bond over it growing up. (Obviously the same first name for multiple kids is ridiculous. The whole point of a name is to call the person and hopefully have them know they're supposed to be the one turning around.)

You know what bothers me? This conversation I've had over and over:
    "I loved the name Emma (/Sophia/Isabella/Liam/Jacob), but I wouldn't have used it if I knew it were so popular! Lol!"

Really?? Popularity bothers you, and yet you didn't think to check this in advance?? Did you get pregnant and give birth in some desolate remote town without the internet?