Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Name police, yes!

We need badges for this!
    Ladies: Florence•Amelia•Daisy•Martha•Millie•Scar lett•Sophia•Poppy•Freya•Amelie•Maisie• Olivia•Charlotte•Imogen•Harriet
    Evie•Lillian•Isabelle•Ella•Louisa•Eleano r•Violet•Lucy•Annabelle•Phoebe•Elsie•M innie•Matilda•Grace•Evelyn•Pixie

Gentlemen: Albert•Matthew•Henry•Louis•William•Harry •Teddy•James•Charlie•Christopher• Ernest•Andrew•Adam•Thomas•Alfie
    Edward•Archie•Daniel•Harrison•George•Sta nley•Joel•Rafferty•Michael•Samuel•Winsto n•Freddie•Darcy

If I ever get another typewriter, the model that Margaret Mitchell had, I'd like to name it after her (all three of mine have author names) but I don't want to reuse Margaret, another is named that already. Wished I'd thought to save it, but well...

My point being, I can't believe I put more thought into naming another typewriter when I'm not likely to get one in the near future than people put into naming their children.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

My grandpa's family is like that. His dad is William, the oldest brother is William, the middle brother is Russel and my grandpa is Arthur William. It's not confusing for them because it's Red, William and Art.

I guess I don't mind repeating middles if there's some sort of reason why they're doing it. My friend Mary has the middle name Love as does her mother and sister. Stacy Love (mom), Mary Love (friend), Anna Love (older sister). It's a family name that her mom wanted to use as much as possible to honor whoever it belonged to. Mary's sister was murdered and her daughter was born on Anna's birthday, so she named her daughter Hanna Love. It's sweet, actually.

Now, like with George Foreman's kids *facepalm* Or with some people in my own family named William Willis and Willard Miller....why?! Rhyming names are my biggest issue with first/middle combos. With sibling names, if they rhyme, as long as there's a nickname for one of them it doesn't bother me too much. I have both Sylvana and Inanna on my list, but Sylvana would be Sylvie and Inanna would be Kitty (the initials are ICAT). :P
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    The situation Mischa mentioned of reusing Mary or Maria isn't punishable to me either, it's just a cultural thing. Name police, yes! And even quotas

The George Foreman one is ridiculous. Is it not confusing? Same with people named Robert Roberts, Michael Michaels, etc. Why on earth would you do that?

Or really similar names. I know a J0n (whose full name is Jonath0n), whose sisters are J@ne, Anne and Gilli@n. He doesn't seem to mind but I find it ridiculous, though I like the names individually.

I know it was tradition back then but I hate how so many English/British monarchs named their kids after themselves, makes it really hard to keep track which is which.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

It's annoying, but it's "okay" if it's an honour name. I mean, in your examples, if Jane was the name of the mother's grandmother or something. But even then I think you really only need to name one child Jane.
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter