Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Stage Name Help?! Tribal Fusion with a Steampunk Twist

I am so excited to be posting this thread! I have been daydreaming of stage names ever since I was invited to join my dance troupe a couple of months ago. Now I'm an official member, we have a show coming up in January (my first! squee!!), and my teacher/troupe leader said the magic words: time to pick a stage name!

I need to have this nailed down in the next few days because we're meeting again soon for a practice session, so I think a little Berry-sourcing is in order to help me brainstorm!

We are an alternative bellydance troupe, so not your typical tribal fusion. We have a very steampunk vibe, our troupe name is T w i s t e d G e a r z, we dance to dubstep and alternative rock more than world music, and our costuming is super theatrical and over the top. I really want a name that reflects our unique style. Something that could belong in a steampunk novel. Even though I love names like Scheherazade and Esmeralda, they seem to give off more of an eastern vibe, not enough copper and gears

My fellow dancers are R o u g e P e n d u l e, F a i r u z a M o o n, and Z a h n.

Ideas I've considered so far:
    Parthenia - I've been crushing on this one forever, and recently fallen for the combo Parthenia Nyx. I'm not sure how well it translates into the steampunk vibe though, and I wonder if she sounds a bit pretentious?
    Lilith - I love the spookiness of this one, but not sure about the soft sounds. Plus, she might be a bit too stereotypically gothic.
    Farasha - I love this name, but I crossed her off the list because she's too close to F a i r u z a, she's all soft sounds with no industrial edge, and I think she belongs more in the Scheherazade camp
    Juliet Dark - Total guilty pleasure, immediately scratched because it's an author's pseudonym, and I don't want to be so blatantly unoriginal.
    Pandora - This is my front-runner right now. I love the mythology connection, I love the strong sounds, I love the badass vibe, and I love the drama. I think she could fit in a steampunk context. This is the one I will use if I don't fall for any new suggestions. I haven't decided whether I will have a second name...I like the idea, but so far nothing jumps out at me.

ETA: I'm adding a few more that I've considered and crossed off, to help with feeling out the style that I'm looking for.
    Wilhelmina - I love the flow and the connection to Dracula. I don't like that to people who aren't familiar with the story, it will seem very flat and "normal."
    Titania - I waver on this one. Who wouldn't want to be named after the Queen of the Fairies?? And it sounds vaguely steampunk, like titanium. I just don't like the "tit" bit and worry it would be pretentious to name oneself after the Fairy Queen.
    Myristica - I love that it's related to the exotic spiciness of nutmeg and it looks like mysticism. I'm just not sure it fits the vibe of the troupe.
    Vashti - I love the lush exotic bad girl feel. I don't like that it's so short.
    Bellatrix - Again, I love the edgy bad girl vibe, and the celestial connection appeals to me. But it's way too connected to Harry Potter...no one would even think of the star.

I cannot wait to see what my beloved Berries come up with! So so excited, you don't even know ^_^
    Last edited by sleepysessha; December 1st, 2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: added some examples
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Ooo! Stage names and steampunk names are a speciality of mine! If you want to try on a uniquely personalized anagrammed name, just give me a scramble (for privacy) of your first, middle, and last names, and I'll anagram a stage/steampunk name out of that for you that no one else will have. I have a long-running steampunk names topic going over at BrassGoggles.com.

If you need an example of what I do, check out this thread:

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...le-s-Anagrams)

-- Nephele

Pandora is my favorite
    Nursing Student- class of 2014, 4 down! 1 to go...
    <3 Jesse's Girl <3
    Top Names
    Noah Rupert
    Bria Aurelie

<3 Wedding Date <3
    <3 10.17.2015 <3

Ooh, the dance troupe sounds awesome! I love being onstage, though for me it's theatre, not dance.

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I could see these names on a dancer:
    Galatea
    Lysistrata
    Antoinetta
    Arcadia
    Thalia
    Valencia
    Esclarimonde
    Hestia
    Pomona
    Azélie
    Calliope
    Viveca
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Nephele's anagrams are amazing, definitely take advantage of that... she's probably got you covered, but I did want to mention the name Evadne. I love her, I think she sounds mystical and dramatic... not sure if you think she could work in steampunk, but I could see it.