Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names of Ancestors

I was thinking of what names of past relations that my come back into vogue. Here are a few I found that some may find interesting. Please share your own relatives names that you think may becoming back in fashion.

Ada
    Gertrude
    Irena
    Jacobina
    Lorene
    Philippine
    Solina
    Vinita

Albert
    Percy
    Stefan
    Theodore

My grandma was named Lucille. I think that could come back, since Lucy is so popular on its own. Her mother was named Mary Eleanor Cecelia. I think Eleanor is already back! Cecelia is probably becoming fashionable again, too. (Funny thing - my grandma was given no middle name, while her mother had two - I always thought that was weird.) My grandpa's grandmother (my great-great-grandmother) was named Elsa. I love that!
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Baby #2 due April 8th - It's a BOY!

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur, Niall/Neil/Neal Thomas
    GIRLS: Fiona Corinne, Gwen ???

My Irish side was a succession of Patricks, which is just as popular as ever I think.
    My grandmother was Barbara which I really like and Im sure is due a comeback!
    On the German side there was Elisabeta, Elsa etc.
    Silas Robert Patrick - 7/10/13

Brother or Sister due March 15

Arthur
    Henry
    Valentin - this one is just a hope. I think its really cool
    Stanley

Josephine
    Isabel
    Cora
    Genevieve
    Hazel
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

My great-great-grandmother was named Léonie which already has made its way back (it has yet to break through in Denmark though). I also had a relative named Hugo (I think he might have been my grandmother's aunt, but I'm not quite sure) and that is coming back strongly as well. My grandmother and her siblings had really interesting names, but I don't see any of them coming back anytime soon.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien