Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post This is the best baby naming advice I've heard in long time, but still need help!

I was recently browsing through a baby name book and came across some great advice that I thought I would pass along. The author explained that we can sometimes get so caught up in giving our little babes such unique, special and different names that can lose sight of what it would actually BE like to have the name. She suggests imagining if the name you are considering was actually your own name. As long as you love it, then you are probably good to go.

I know it's basic, but still thought it was valuable.

I am stuck between 4 names and growing concerned that I don't have a front runner. I would personally like any of these names for myself. But what is YOUR favorite? Do you think these names are too out there?

Magnolia
    Beatrix
    Ruby
    Poppy
    Violet

Violet would be my favourite - a Berry classic, but one with good reason to be. I could imagine myself as a Violet, actually.

I'd second Violet.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Excellent Advice!

Quote Originally Posted by christinak View Post
    I was recently browsing through a baby name book and came across some great advice that I thought I would pass along. The author explained that we can sometimes get so caught up in giving our little babes such unique, special and different names that can lose sight of what it would actually BE like to have the name. She suggests imagining if the name you are considering was actually your own name. As long as you love it, then you are probably good to go.

I know it's basic, but still thought it was valuable.

I am stuck between 4 names and growing concerned that I don't have a front runner. I would personally like any of these names for myself. But what is YOUR favorite? Do you think these names are too out there?

Magnolia
    Beatrix
    Ruby
    Poppy
    Violet
    None of these names seem out there to me.
    Poppy kind of bugs me, the "pop" sound, but that is my idiosyncrasy.
    I like Ruby and Violet a lot.
    I love Beatrix and would go by Trixie as a girl and Bea as an adult.
    I like Magnolia (and Gardenia!, another nice white blossom), but don't care for "mag" nicknames.

Magnolia - I've liked this for a while, but I'm not sure that I would like having this name. It's gorgeous, however. I might use it in the mn spot.
    Beatrix - love, love, love. I would be a very happy Beatrix.
    Ruby - I like it, but it's just too popular for me.
    Poppy - again, I like it, but it's too 'little-girly' for me. I'm not sure how well it would age. Also, my sister has claimed it
    Violet - love Violet! I would be happy to be named Violet.

My favourite would be Beatrix, followed by Violet. Best of luck!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *