Names Searched Right Now:

The new top Italian names!

The new Italian top 30 is out! You can find it here.
    The top 30 makes up for 48% of the boys' names and 41% of the girls'.

I was pretty excited to find out the new rankings, probably more than a normal human being would consider reasonable
    I think it's very interesting to note how many parents are starting to choose international names for their children: Rebecca, Nicole, Melissa, Christian, Gabriel.
    I also have to note how the list seems to fit the Nameberry style: names which are rare in the States and are site favorites crop up on the list (Beatrice and Alice!)

My personal favorites:
    Viola, Noemi, Greta, Ginevra, Giada, Arianna, Ludovica
    Alessandro, Lorenzo, Riccardo, Luca, Edoardo

What do you think? Which names are your favorites? Which are outright weird, and you would never choose for your children?
    Michelle
    Italian teenberry with synesthesia. Environmentally obsessed.

Clara - Hilary - Leah - Margot - Nina
    Archer - Calvin - Gordon - Leander - Oscar

I'm happy to see that MOST names on the list are actually spelled the Italian way! Even common English sounding names like Alice are pronounced differently in Italy (ah-LEE-chay). Thanks for sharing!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Noemi is name perfection! I love Italian names!
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

As I've been learning Italian for the majority of my life, I enjoy seeing the top names being used in Italy. Thanks for posting. My favourites from this list are: Giorgia, Aurora, Chiara, Alice, Francesca, Ginevra, Matilde, Beatrice and Ludovica for the girls, and Alessandro, Lorenzo, Matteo, Tommaso, Pietro, Giovanni and Gabriel for the boys.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]