Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I agree with previous posters - Jessica isn't really a dated name here (at least I don't think so) and I know lots of little ones as well.

@whirligig - That's so true, nicknames for Jessica don't tend to vary much, although I do remember I met a little Icie once who was full-named Jessica - how sweet is that!

My full name is Jessica but everyone calls me Jess. I've never met a young Jessica but know quite a few older ones.

It is quite dated but I like it a lot.

Jess, 14 year old Teenberry with a serious name obsession

Girls: Lucy/Lucie, Amelie, Isobel, Imogen, Evie/Eve, Ella, Mae, Poppy, Lily, Annabel

Boys: Max, Finn, Luke, James, Louis, Alexander, Benjamin, Harry, Alfie, Joshua

GPs: Bliss, Evangeline, Georgiana, Una, Rowan, Alexa, Saffron

I don't get it either, honestly. I used to massively dislike it, but I sort of see the appeal now. I think a similar trend will follow with Olivia, Amelia, Charlotte. They'll be around in the UK far after the US has got bored with them.

I know Jessicas in there 20s, but also at least 3 under 5. It's used across classes as well - but a lot I know are the 'chavy-type'.
    Siblings they have - Georgia, Luke, Olivia, Harrison, Madeleine, Benjamin, Rosie, Charlotte, Tyler, Ella.
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus Kielder - Emmett Hugh - Alec Amadeus - Wilf Nicholas
    Estella Agnes - Oona Margaret - Billie Cordelia - Beatrix Georgia

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Well, I'm a Jessica and I was born in 1993. It appears it shot up at some point in the late 1980's/early 1990's and I think it was number 3/4 when I was born. In my year at school there were at least 6 Jessica's (four of which -myself included - in the same class). I think it was number one on a couple of occasions. I know nameberry describes it as the successor to Jennifer in terms of popularity.

Despite the popularity, I like my name and I think it'll age with me quite well.

Do their parents call them by their full name?
    I personally prefer to be called Jessica rather than Jess or Jessie (urgh, loathe that nn), honestly I don't tend to respond straight away to Jess.

What are their siblings' names?
    I have one brother, who is 8 years older than me and he's called Daniel.

Hope this answers some of your queries
    Last edited by jjayx; December 4th, 2013 at 06:55 AM.
    Not expecting, just a girl with an interest in etymology.

Favourite Combos
    Ivy Adelaide/Lyra Evangeline/Eliza Genevieve
    Hugo Benjamin/James Anthony/Rory Alexander

Other Favourites
    Octavia, Astrid, Estella, Hestia, Wallis, Sheridan
    Rafferty, Malachy, Jasper, Harrison, Sidney, Killian

I know a seven year old Jessica, a twelve year old Jessica and at least 10 nineties Jessica's. I also know a just Jessie. I see it very nineties and dated. But its still in the top 30 in Australia. Two of the Jessica's I know have sisters named Sarah the seven year old Jessica's sister is Emily. The Jessie has a brother Seth and a sister Shannon. Hope that helps
    Last edited by emiliana; December 4th, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com