Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I agree with previous posters - Jessica isn't really a dated name here (at least I don't think so) and I know lots of little ones as well.

@whirligig - That's so true, nicknames for Jessica don't tend to vary much, although I do remember I met a little Icie once who was full-named Jessica - how sweet is that!

My full name is Jessica but everyone calls me Jess. I've never met a young Jessica but know quite a few older ones.

It is quite dated but I like it a lot.

Jess, 14 year old Teenberry with a serious name obsession

Girls: Lucy/Lucie, Amelie, Isobel, Imogen, Evie/Eve, Ella, Mae, Poppy, Lily, Annabel

Boys: Max, Finn, Luke, James, Louis, Alexander, Benjamin, Harry, Alfie, Joshua

GPs: Bliss, Evangeline, Georgiana, Una, Rowan, Alexa, Saffron

I don't get it either, honestly. I used to massively dislike it, but I sort of see the appeal now. I think a similar trend will follow with Olivia, Amelia, Charlotte. They'll be around in the UK far after the US has got bored with them.

I know Jessicas in there 20s, but also at least 3 under 5. It's used across classes as well - but a lot I know are the 'chavy-type'.
    Siblings they have - Georgia, Luke, Olivia, Harrison, Madeleine, Benjamin, Rosie, Charlotte, Tyler, Ella.
    Emmett - Cathal - Eoghan - Baez - Wilfred - Rufus - Hugh - Virgil - Amos - Emanuel
    Rosemary - Lettice - Maude - Cordelia - Billie - Fenella - Una - Nancy - Tabitha - Eilidh

Names for dreamy, sublime little darlings. The smell of springtime air, freckled knees, damp hair. Soft evening light and fiery hearts.

olivia, seventeen, vegan film student. owner of fluffy black cat Shura!

Well, I'm a Jessica and I was born in 1993. It appears it shot up at some point in the late 1980's/early 1990's and I think it was number 3/4 when I was born. In my year at school there were at least 6 Jessica's (four of which -myself included - in the same class). I think it was number one on a couple of occasions. I know nameberry describes it as the successor to Jennifer in terms of popularity.

Despite the popularity, I like my name and I think it'll age with me quite well.

Do their parents call them by their full name?
    I personally prefer to be called Jessica rather than Jess or Jessie (urgh, loathe that nn), honestly I don't tend to respond straight away to Jess.

What are their siblings' names?
    I have one brother, who is 8 years older than me and he's called Daniel.

Hope this answers some of your queries
    Last edited by jjayx; December 4th, 2013 at 06:55 AM.
    Not expecting but hopefully one day that will change.

Favourite Combos
    Ivy Adelaide/Lyra Evangeline/Eliza Genevieve
    Malachy Walter/James Anthony/Rory Alexander

Other Favourites
    Octavia, Astrid, Estella, Hestia, Wallis, Demelza
    Rafferty, Jasper, Harrison, Sidney, Killian

I know a seven year old Jessica, a twelve year old Jessica and at least 10 nineties Jessica's. I also know a just Jessie. I see it very nineties and dated. But its still in the top 30 in Australia. Two of the Jessica's I know have sisters named Sarah the seven year old Jessica's sister is Emily. The Jessie has a brother Seth and a sister Shannon. Hope that helps
    Last edited by emiliana; December 4th, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    Future middle names will honour family
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com