Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Is Jack too common?

Hi Ladies!
    I posted on the other board but I figured I'd try here too. I'm expecting another boy & my husband and I are having writer's block...more like naming block
    This will be our 5th & final child. Some suggestions that I received on here that I like are:

Reid
    Jonah
    Foster (maybe more for MN)
    Julian
    Bennett
    Owen
    Anderson
    Liam
    Jack
    Asher
    Samuel
    Jude (as a middle name though)

But I really am loving Jack right now. However, I worry that it is too common? I want a name that sounds good with my kids' names though. I really like all of the ones above.
    Any combos for Jack? Do you like the name? Does it sound good with my children's names? Thanks for your help!
    Mommy to:

Nathan Rhys, 7 ~ Charlotte Rose, 5 ~ Lucy Marlowe, 4 ~ Ezra Alexander, 21 months ~

Expecting another boy this Spring!
    To be named: Jonah Reid

I love Jack, our combo is Jack Wilder (both names honor family). I have only met a few Jacks all being adults except one baby. I think Jack is great with your children's names. Some combo suggestions - Jack Reid, Jack Foster (my favorite, very handsome), Jack Bennett, Jack Asher, Jack Samuel. Personally I would find a name that honors family or has special meaning to your family but I know not everyone finds that important (nothing at all wrong with that).
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

Jack is the #6 boy baby name in the US this year, so it is very common. That shouldn't necessarily dissuade you though. It's a really nice name, but there will be plenty of Jacks in his classes. Liam is the most popular boy name, but Owen is a bit less popular and very nice.

I do not go by the list. I feel it is best to go by what is popular where you live, your state, your county, the city, your neighborhood. Names of friends and family members. People the child would be interacting with day to day.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

Thanks for the feedback! And I do agree with you that I'd more concerned with Jacks in his classroom. I do know a few Jacks who are adults though,

Jack Wilder is such an awesome name! From your suggestions, I like Jack Reid & Jack Foster a lot! I think the middle name sounds better with a consonant for whatever reason. Jack Asher sounds to be like Jack Ass**** haha
    Mommy to:

Nathan Rhys, 7 ~ Charlotte Rose, 5 ~ Lucy Marlowe, 4 ~ Ezra Alexander, 21 months ~

Expecting another boy this Spring!
    To be named: Jonah Reid