Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    People have been shamed for liking their names? What I wonder is...how do the people doing the shaming even know their names if they aren't fans themselves? Seems weird to me.

You shouldn't be ashamed of liking them or their names. We all like what we like. Personally, I think they have nice names (well...except Zayn...that's weird), but the rest are fine and really pretty normal/common actually. I don't see why any of the names would have to be specifically associated with the band (unless you wanted it to be). Niall James is actually a combo I was considering because I like Niall and James is my twin brother's name, I had no idea it was that kid's middle name.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

Don't be ashamed. I love them and I just turned 21. They all have nice names and they are all adorable!
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

They're actually good names, and they seem like upstanding young men. No shame.

@thatkathryngirl I'm not sure why anyone would be shamed, but yeah, I've seen it a few times. It's ridiculous really, it's only a name, and as you said, none of them are really uncommon, and Zayn is just an alternative to Zane, (although i think over here, Zayn, Louis pronounced Lou-ee and Niall might be closely linked to 1D, however in the UK, they're all just names - Niall actually fell in popularity since 2010 when 1D started) I just thought the y looked cool. ( When I was 15 years old, I was dead set on having a son named Zayn. I was also dead set on marrying one of the 5, thinking back to 2011, it was likely Zayn or Louis, back when I wasn't so against the Jr aspect of naming). I know my mum's said before, if she were to have a son now, Liam James/Liam Charles would be her choice, and she said she thought of it upon hearing Liam Payne from One Direction's name.

@rpg19 - my best friend is nearly 21, and she and I met via twitter thanks to 1D :-) They really are adorable lads, aren't they? I actually got so excited to see that they used the name Diana in one of their new songs, I love the name, so hearing the song made me smile even more than normal.

@rkrd - yeah, haha most of the bands I like consist of well named members.

One Direction are Liam, Louis, Harry, Niall & Zayn
    Lawson are Adam, Andrew(Andy), Ryan & Joel
    The Wanted are Nathan, Maximillian (Max), Siva, Thomas (Tom) & James (Jay)

Not many weird ones, and actually, a few have FN/MN combos I'd love to use. Thomas Anthony, Louis William, Harry Edward, Andrew Christopher, yep, those parents definitely deserve a round of applause from me!

♂: Neville | Matthew | Ernest | Alfie | Louis | Christopher | Harry | James | Albert | Andrew

♀: Doris | Eleanor | Violet | Lillian | Florence | Martha | Minnie | Agatha | Freya |

Well since I prefer the Wanted to 1D (My favourite boy band currently is Emblem 3) I wouldn't use both names together but you're only 18 no one is going to connect the band in ten-ish years time and Zayn was born Zain wasn't he (trying to remember back to my three month 1D phase)

I happen to love Ellie Goulding's name and would use it (Elena Jane)
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆