Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Willamina - witty & warm-hearted or wrinkly & weird?

I just came across the name Willamina on nameberry. I had not heard it before and really like the way that name sounds and feels when spoken. It comes with cute nickname options: Willa, Willow, Billie, Mina, Minnie and even Mila. But is it too weird? Does it just look like a dyslexic Wilhelmina?

My number one girl name at the moment is Leonore. I like the combo Leonore & Willamina. But what do you think? Does that work? Do you prefer one of my other sets:

Leonore & Eliza
    Leonore & Camilla
    Leonore & Amabel

Do you have other suggestions?
    Last edited by dottipanda; November 29th, 2013 at 10:04 AM.
    TTC #1

♫♪ Eleanor Birgitta ♪♫ Harriet Leonie ♫♫ Frederick Edwin ♫♪ Julius Clemens ♪♫

Hermine Quentin Leonore Albert Georgina Alastair Camilla Leander India Theodore

I like that you can shorten Willamina to Willa. I think it's pretty!

I don't hate it but it does look like it's missing some letters. I do prefer just Willa. My favourite of your pairings is...Leonore and Amabel. These two are gorgeous together.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I really love the name Willamina... but the original spelling of Wilhelmina. Like Mischa said, it looks like it's missing some letters. Of your pairings I love Leonore & Willamina and Leonore & Amabel.
    just a confused teenberry.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Algernon | Alistair | Beau | Edmund | Leo | Malcolm | Nicholas | Raphael | Will
    Adelaide | Anastasia | Beatrix | Cordelia | Freya | Georgia | Helena | Ramona | Ursula

Question Wilhelmina, Willamina, Wilhelmine & Willemine

Quote Originally Posted by theb4ndit View Post
    I really love the name Willamina... but the original spelling of Wilhelmina. Like Mischa said, it looks like it's missing some letters.
    I am really torn. The original German spelling certainly looks a lot better. But will people pronounce it Will-hell-meena all the time? That sounds so clunky to me. I prefer the flow of Willa-meena...

Also, how would you pronounce Wilhelmine? Ending on -een, -eenie or -eenuh?

The dutch apparently have Willemine as a female form or Willem. Would you prefer that to Willamina orxcore it similar? How would you pronounce it?

All opinions are very welcome. Thanks!
    TTC #1

♫♪ Eleanor Birgitta ♪♫ Harriet Leonie ♫♫ Frederick Edwin ♫♪ Julius Clemens ♪♫

Hermine Quentin Leonore Albert Georgina Alastair Camilla Leander India Theodore