Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Xander. It's a shortened form of Alexander, so I like the "X." I have an irrational hatred for phonetic spellings, so Zander makes me cringe. Xander is far more substantial than Ryder.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Zander looks like a made up, like people weren't sure how to spell it so they just spelled it phonetically.

People can always find ways to mispronounce names, I don't think that's a good reason to not spell it in the most correct way. But then the idea of pronouncing Xavier as ek-savier like in Xmen is silly to me as well, it's zay-vee-uhr

I do like that you can get Zane out of Zander more easily though.
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

I prefer Xander but this could be because my son has a friend named Xander. I really like the name Xander. Strong, spunky, and handsome.
    ~ current favorites ~
    Piers Lachlan o Tadhg Emerson o Gray Everett o Bennett?
    Lilia Rose o Waverly Pearl o Isabel Hettie o ??
    ~~~~~~ - ~~~~~~ - ~~~~~~ - ~~~~~~ - ~~~~~~
    Heart my son

Hmm... personally I think that the Zander spelling would case less hassle. Like you said, it would avoid the corrections or misspellings. So, if you're just going for Z/Xander, I would say Z. However, if you're planning to use the long name Alexander, it would make more sense to use Xander. Lovely name by the way
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Alasdair † Conan † Gregor † Henry † Hugo † Jasper † Lionel † Phineas † Reuben † Sebastian † Zachary*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Helena ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

So growing up I didn't know anyone with a name that started with an x so I think I was about 15 before I realized that it wasn't pronounced the same as the letter x. I 100% would go with Zander. It is so much easier to pronounce and doesn't look so harsh.