Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Xander. It's a shortened form of Alexander, so I like the "X." I have an irrational hatred for phonetic spellings, so Zander makes me cringe. Xander is far more substantial than Ryder.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Zander looks like a made up, like people weren't sure how to spell it so they just spelled it phonetically.

People can always find ways to mispronounce names, I don't think that's a good reason to not spell it in the most correct way. But then the idea of pronouncing Xavier as ek-savier like in Xmen is silly to me as well, it's zay-vee-uhr

I do like that you can get Zane out of Zander more easily though.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I prefer Xander but this could be because my son has a friend named Xander. I really like the name Xander. Strong, spunky, and handsome.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

Hmm... personally I think that the Zander spelling would case less hassle. Like you said, it would avoid the corrections or misspellings. So, if you're just going for Z/Xander, I would say Z. However, if you're planning to use the long name Alexander, it would make more sense to use Xander. Lovely name by the way
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14[/B] :D
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Baby number three expected to land in April 2015!

♂ [COLOR="#FF0000"]Phineas † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Jasper † Conrad † Hugh † Theo † Jay † Tobias † Charlie † Isaac*[/COLOR]
    ♀ [COLOR="#0099cc"]Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Beatrice ‡ Eliza ‡ Esther ‡ Susannah*[/COLOR]

*See my whole lists here: [URL="http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/55067"][COLOR="#FF0000"]Boys[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/61060"][COLOR="#0099cc"]Girls[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]

So growing up I didn't know anyone with a name that started with an x so I think I was about 15 before I realized that it wasn't pronounced the same as the letter x. I 100% would go with Zander. It is so much easier to pronounce and doesn't look so harsh.