Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Xander vs Zander

My husband are beginning to narrow down names and we both like (X)Zander but absolutely cannot agree on how it should be spelled.

I like Zander, he likes Xander. I feel that people will call him X-ander and he will constantly be correcting people. Also, I feel that if we were naming him Alexander, it would be more appropriate to have an X.

For all of you X people out there...make me a believer!

Is he going to be Alexander nn X/Zander?

Either way, I much prefer the Xander spelling because it matches Alexander and I just prefer it generally. I don't really think anyone would say X-ander, it doesn't seem very intuitive. I could be wrong, but people can always be corrected. And I presume you're basing this off people saying X-avier which is something that baffles me anyway.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I think the "X" spelling of Xander looks better. Both are trendy but Zander "looks" like a phonetic spelling rather than a legitimate one. If we keep overworrying about mispronouncing names that begin with "X", they would all turn into "Z" names and then we'd have no cool "X" names left.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I prefer Xander, both as a nn for Alexander and on its own. Zander seems unfinished to me somehow, while Xander looks more like a full name. I don't think you'd have a problem with pronunciation, maybe if you were using Xavier (because of X-men!) but not with Xander.

XANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loooooooove the name Xander. PLEASE use Xander!!!! Zander looks like a tryndee misspelling (and I usually prefer alternative spellings).

Xander, Xander, Xander!!!!!!
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)