Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thankyou everyone - I was after honest opinions
    After listening to what everyone had to say, I think I may agree that a home birth for our firsts may be a bit much. Our doctor's been great and he said we'll have to wait and see, like thunderbolt said, how the boys are positioned. We're in England, and there is a hospital near us that has a birthing centre which I've since looked into, so that might be ideal. I do like the sound of a natural water birth, although I'm not sure everything will go to plan!
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Alasdair † Conan † Gregor † Henry † Hugo † Jasper † Lionel † Phineas † Reuben † Sebastian † Zachary*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Helena ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

Wanted to pop by and share some thoughts. I'm definitely in a unique category because I have had two natural twin births. The first was a planned homebirth (with a midwife). They were born at 37.5 weeks. The second we wanted a homebirth, but circumstances did not allow for it and it was a natural birth in the hospital (with an OB). They were born at 34 weeks. If things would have been different and that pregnancy was healthier and I made it to full term again, we MAY have tried a homebirth (but it would have had to be unassisted/no midwife in attendance) --hard to really say because we unfortunately had problems from 20 weeks on so we never got very far in homebirth plans the second time around.

I can not write a whole lot here now, but I've shared my experiences on past threads that I'll point you to now. Since your sons are due in January, I think you are running out of time to settle on a birth plan and make sure you have the right support people in place. Are you seeing an OB or Midwife? Do they have rights to deliver at certain hospitals or birth centers only? Have you discussed the birthplan with them at all? Do they have recommendations? Do they have a specific plan they normally use for managing twin labors? (rules/regulations/procedures/policies?) What does your partner think? Will you have others with you during delivery? What position are the babies in now? Do they share a sac (I saw you said they were ID.) There are many questions to ask and research. with my first twin pregnancy, I started planning the homebirth....well before they were conceived....it was just once we found it was 2, we had to modify our plans. I saw a midwife in tandem with the OB the whole time because she would not agree to deliver the girls unless I made it to 36 weeks. We made all the plans and discussed all the outcomes/scenarios ahead of time-- then it was "game on" once I was 36 weeks(actually everything was going SO WELL that we flipped the switch a week early). The next time, I immediately went to planning the birth and looking for a care provider that was open to a homebirth (found none- we lived in a very midwife unfriendly state) and then moved on to at least ones that would work with a natural birth situation...as complications added up, they took precidence over the birth plans of course, but it was always on my mind.

Feel free to ask other specific questions. Sorry these threads might be repetitive.

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...46#post2113746

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...-twin-yourself

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...o-ve-had-twins
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (15 mo.) & Coraline (15 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

Thanks crunchymama - wow, two sets of twins! Yes we are seeing a midwife, and I've talked to her about it - she's very experienced and would be able to do a home birth for us, but she'd rather we didn't. I've though about it a bit more, and like I said earlier, our hospital does have a birthing centre - so that might be ideal. it is a bit late, I know but it's mostly decided. It's just going to be my lovely husband and me with the midwife and probably a few doctors. She's said the same as your midwife said - 36 weeks or it's a hospital birth for us! At the moment, twin A is in vertex position and B is breech. Yes, they share a placenta and amniotic sac :/
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Alasdair † Conan † Gregor † Henry † Hugo † Jasper † Lionel † Phineas † Reuben † Sebastian † Zachary*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Helena ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls